Kindom of Heaven

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Kindom of Heaven
« on: 8 May 2005, 10:04 am »
Has anyone seen this one yet?  Ebert gave it 3.5 out of 4 stars.  I'm a sucker for the ol' Ancient Epic so I imagine I'll have to see it... :lol:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Kindom of Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2005, 02:51 pm »
I haven't seen it yet, but I intend on doing so.  The actor who plays Saladin is actually recognized as the leading actor from Syria(where the battles of this particular crusade took place)  Historians portray Saladin as more of a stateman than warrior.  Apparently, he tried to arrange safe passage out of that area for the defeated Christian crusaders.

By the way, I'm glad you are also going to see this movie.  I never let a reviewer dictate whether I should see any particular movie.  I prefer to decide for myself if I like a movie and not some person telling me not to like or like something.

To All AC member's Mothers.   Happy Mothers Day! :D  

rklein

Mag

Kindom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2005, 08:58 am »
I'm going to wait for it to come out on dvd. I have a difficult time deciding what movies to buy. I know I'll buy this when I see it.

Ears

Kindom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2005, 11:40 pm »
Saw it...was dissapointed...and so was my 12 year old son.
When it was over he said this is the same director as Gladiator :lol:

viggen

... rise a knight...
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2005, 06:08 am »
I guess I am the only one that liked this movie.

If I must be picky, Ridley, towards the end of the movie, made the message of this movie too obvious hence losing dimensionality.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Kindom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2005, 08:11 am »
My brother went to see it yesterday and thought it was brilliant, fwiw.

Ears

Re: ... rise a knight...
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2005, 12:46 pm »
Quote from: viggen
I guess I am the only one that liked this movie.

If I must be picky, Ridley, towards the end of the movie, made the message of this movie too obvious hence losing dimensionality.

That about sums it up for me also as I thought it had a lot of potential before that point.

This is one of those over advertised movies imo, with a lot of coming soon posters, previews and tv commercials....so maybe the movie didn't quite live up to my expectations partly because of this.

Then again....I loved Sin City, and that only lasted 3-4 weeks at the theaters....so what do I know :lol: