Need a good but inexpensive s-video cable

BikeWNC

« on: 14 Jan 2003, 10:49 pm »
Can anyone suggest a decent s-video cable for around $50?

Thanks, Andy

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2003, 11:06 pm »
Yeah, I have been trying to sell my s-vid cable for a while (did away with HT).  Its a Cat cable ($79 retail), used less than one month.  It rocks but I don't need it anymore.  PM me if you are interested.  $50 was what I was asking.

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2003, 11:27 pm »
Tributaries is the best S-Video cable I have found for the money.  

I get mine from a guy in Texas, and he has great prices.  Mail me if you want his info.

B

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2003, 11:39 pm »
What length do you need?

If Josh's cable doesn't work lengthwise I could certainly reccommend a couple. I've had experience with S cables costing from $5-360 for a 1M cable. But I'd need a length to give you a proper reccommendation.

BikeWNC

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2003, 11:52 pm »
I'm not sure what length cable is needed.  It's for my mom, and she's relocating the TV etc.  I will know in a day or so when the new furniture arrives.  Thanks for your input and I'll post again if Josh's cable doesn't work out.

Andy

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:26 am »
FWIW,

I also have a 50' s-video cable I no longer have use for (when I use to run my PC into my plasma).  It isn't videophile approved but it is a nice cable.

BikeWNC

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2003, 10:38 pm »
As it turns out, Josh's cable is too short.  I need a cable with a minimun length of 1.5 meters.  Basically 5 feet would work.  Any sugestions?  Again, I would like to keep the cost to around $50.  Thanks.

Hantra

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan 2003, 11:17 pm »
Tributaries. . .  

If you are in Western NC, they have them in Winston-Salem.  I have bought some from them as well as from my online contact.

B

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2003, 04:34 am »
Quote from: Tsunami
As it turns out, Josh's cable is too short.  I need a cable with a minimun length of 1.5 meters.  Basically 5 feet would work.  Any sugestions?  Again, I would like to keep the cost to around $50.  Thanks.

For a 2M S-Video cable at around $50 I'd reccommend this http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=211

Don't immediately dismiss it because of who makes it. Yes, I know they've got a bad reputation with "Audiophiles". And I'll admit their audio cables aren't so hot. But they DO know how to make a good S-Video cable. I've put their $60/1M cable up against the best from AQ & Transparent and the AQ & Transparent lost. And the Trasparent cable was $360/1M. :o

Not only will the above cable I suggested give you a damn nice picture, but it's also built in such a manner to prevent the conductors from breaking at the solder joint as many S-Video cables do.