Question for LD Player gurus

John

« on: 30 Mar 2003, 12:08 am »
I have laserdisc player (Pioneer CLD-D501) that no longer opens/closes the tray (where you place the Disc) - it just stop working - is this a common problem (I did not have any prior warning  I went to put in a movie and the tray would not open) does anyone have any suggestions tks John

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2003, 03:06 am »
I would guess that it's the loading belt that's the problem. They get old and brittle and slip. Not to mention that the pulleys get a bit dirty after some time and need to be cleaned.

Here's the part # for the loading belt for a D70x series player http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=VEB1184

I'm not 100% sure that it's the same belt used in the D50x series players. But if I had to guess I'd guess that it's the same. (I haven't cracked open a D501 yet, just a D701, D703, CLD-59, DVL-91, DVL-909, DVL-700, & HLD-X9) You might want to call Pioneer to make sure it's the right part number.

John

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2003, 03:21 am »
I understand you never worked on this unit (D-501)...but the ones you did work on...where were the belt(s) located....top/bottom....(what needs to be removed to get to them)....sorry for all the question...I am new at this..thanks...for yr hlp/John

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2003, 03:39 am »
Pull the top off. The loading belt is usually towards the front right (if you were looking at the player head-on). Some models you needed to get the tray out of the way before you could get to the belt. But some of them you could get at the belt without ejecting the tray. If I recall properly the D701 didn't need the tray ejected to get to the belt. So you might not need the tray out to get to your belt.