RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

Danny Richie

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)
« Reply #100 on: 20 Sep 2012, 03:56 am »
. . and Danny, for twenty large (or ten-ish on the super-limited-intro-niceguy-special pricing), no love for the no-rez on the servos?

The lower section will be lined with No Rez. It is just not in there yet.

Narrower baffle not better than wider baffle? Can you explain? I will look for that post where you said it makes no difference to see if you explained why.

Oh, you mean the whole baffle being narrow. In this case the lower baffle is already as narrow as it can be to accommodate the lower woofers.

There is a catch 22 in there on the baffle width. Narrow is better in that it minimizes the surface reflections and improves imaging. However, there needs to be a wide enough baffle to separate the front and back waves enough to push the dipole peak into a range where the low end response of the driver starts to fall away. In this case a 13" wide baffle with a 2.5" to 5" side wing making a very shallow U shape did the trick. Some of this work was refines on the Super-V.

The baffles effects on the tweeter have been greatly minimized with a small wave guide. Otherwise it would have a real negative effect on the highs.

Danny Richie

« Reply #101 on: 20 Sep 2012, 03:59 am »
Man, you must be so excited! Are you going to power them with some of Gary's amps?

Dodd Audio 30 watt mono-block tube amps that are battery powered.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #102 on: 20 Sep 2012, 04:25 am »
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I would still love to have you play around with 2 vertical neo10's then the tweeter then another pair of vertical neo 10 on a narrower baffle. Yes you would have to come up with a different bass solution as in a separate enclosure but  "I likes me imaging" and any chance for improvement in that department is worth it to me.

Man, congratulations Danny. I hope I can hear these one day.

I am still looking forward to finishing and listening to my two AV1 kits soon

persisting1

« Reply #103 on: 20 Sep 2012, 05:28 am »
Sounds like some are concerned that this will not be a kit, but let's be happy for Danny and his new business venture. These are not GR Research speakers, so you really can't compare these price wise to his other offerings.

The DIY crowd will be happy when he offers his new GR line. 

Congrats Danny.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #104 on: 20 Sep 2012, 05:35 am »
Nice !! 8)

Good luck with the Super 7's Danny....... :beer:

gprro

« Reply #105 on: 20 Sep 2012, 05:48 am »
With mention of db labs on the previous page, is Eric part of Serinity? Mixes well with the tranquility name. I ask also because I had a conversation with him 2-3 years ago about how good I thought the neo10 s were going to be now that they were released for the public. Actualy told him, as I mentioned in the other thread where the big array came up, that I wanted to build them. Not mad or anything,  just jelous and a little bummed :icon_lol: . Maybe  I can become a dealer or something in the future :thumb:... I know they'll sound amazing!

Captainhemo

« Reply #106 on: 20 Sep 2012, 06:17 am »
Sounds like some are concerned that this will not be a kit, but let's be happy for Danny and his new business venture. These are not GR Research speakers, so you really can't compare these price wise to his other offerings.

The DIY crowd will be happy when he offers his new GR line. 

Congrats Danny.

Couldn't have said it better
Congraats Danny  :thumb:

-jay

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #107 on: 20 Sep 2012, 10:48 am »
With mention of db labs on the previous page, is Eric part of Serinity? Mixes well with the tranquility name. I ask also because I had a conversation with him 2-3 years ago about how good I thought the neo10 s were going to be now that they were released for the public. Actualy told him, as I mentioned in the other thread where the big array came up, that I wanted to build them. Not mad or anything,  just jelous and a little bummed :icon_lol: . Maybe  I can become a dealer or something in the future :thumb:... I know they'll sound amazing!
If I had to guess I'd say Ruben is part owner of Serenity since he is the builder.  It makes sense to me.     :dunno:  I'm sure the other owner will be at RMAF for all of us to meet. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #108 on: 20 Sep 2012, 01:39 pm »
Fellows, the principle owner is no one that you know and is more of a business investor than an audiophile.

Danny Richie

« Reply #109 on: 20 Sep 2012, 01:43 pm »
I would still love to have you play around with 2 vertical neo10's then the tweeter then another pair of vertical neo 10 on a narrower baffle. Yes you would have to come up with a different bass solution as in a separate enclosure but  "I likes me imaging" and any chance for improvement in that department is worth it to me.

Acoustics centers get further apart doing that so the crossover point would have to be lower. And right now the tweeter is reaching down about as low as it can go and still maintain this sensitivity level. So that wouldn't work out to well.

seadogs1

« Reply #110 on: 20 Sep 2012, 01:54 pm »
And there are designs from a 93db mini-monitor that will play down to a -3db of 20Hz. When can you release any info on this monitor? Will it be at this year's RMAF? It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for to replace my John Tucker modded Usher BE-10's as I need to downsize. Keep up the good work!

Danny Richie

« Reply #111 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:04 pm »
And there are designs from a 93db mini-monitor that will play down to a -3db of 20Hz. When can you release any info on this monitor? Will it be at this year's RMAF? It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for to replace my John Tucker modded Usher BE-10's as I need to downsize. Keep up the good work!

A very narrow mini with a Neo 10 and Neo 3 in a sealed box. It then sits on an matching stand that has a pair of 8" servo subs built into it that are side firing. So from 200Hz and down they will be completely adjustable. So a perfect speaker to have to place near a rear wall or to place in a small room.

Danny Richie

« Reply #112 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:12 pm »
Optional look. What do you guys think of this?

jparkhur

« Reply #113 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:14 pm »
I always liked the bow tie look, but i like this one too.   tough choice ..  the length and lines of the single grill makes it look cleaner, more refined, modern.  The bow tie adds a characteristic of traditionalism....

JP

So to answer your question... yes... .   ha  both...

borism

« Reply #114 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:18 pm »
This looks more elegant to me.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #115 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:19 pm »
I think it looks really good both ways, yet they are considerably different. Is the bow recessed so that you could offer it with either grill?

Danny Richie

« Reply #116 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:20 pm »
I think it looks really good both ways, yet they are considerably different. Is the bow recessed so that you could offer it with either grill?

Right now it is either or. They can be made either way.

HT cOz

« Reply #117 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:28 pm »
Congrats again to the Serenity Crew.  I don't think we should lament that these are not available to the DIY crowd.  The fact that they are priced competively amoung peers only means that the company will be around for a long time to come.

I like the non-bowtie look!  :thumb:

orientalexpress

« Reply #118 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:34 pm »
wow,i like it  :thumb:,might consider a replacement for my Sp Tech,let me look some funding under the couch :green:

lapsan

brother love

« Reply #119 on: 20 Sep 2012, 02:39 pm »
I think the "bow tie" look is more elegant.  Without it, the Super 7 looks more slender.

A very narrow mini with a Neo 10 and Neo 3 in a sealed box. It then sits on an matching stand that has a pair of 8" servo subs built into it that are side firing. So from 200Hz and down they will be completely adjustable. So a perfect speaker to have to place near a rear wall or to place in a small room.

Now you are talking more my lingo.  8)  Will this be a GR Research kit product or part of the Serenity Acoustics line?  Sounds like you have some great products on the way!