Best either processer or HT receiver bang for the buck!

artur9

Re: Best either processer or HT receiver bang for the buck!
« Reply #20 on: 2 Apr 2019, 02:43 pm »
I banned fans from my listening room long ago. The Anthems do have a tiny one, which rarely comes on, but even that's a major concession for me  :)

Yeah, I recently got an amp with a "Super Duper Silent Fan"(tm).  Regretting it.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2019, 07:00 pm »
Steve,
     Thank you kindly for your help today via phone.  I have ordered a couple of the purifiers and the tos link cables you recommended.  When I find out the V for the purifiers I will get the the power supply and work on getting the switch.  Oops need to order the Ethernet cables almost forgot.

ctviggen

« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2019, 12:10 am »
Yeah, I recently got an amp with a "Super Duper Silent Fan"(tm).  Regretting it.

I absolutely HATE fans.  I've had to gut computers I've purchased to change the fans.  Unfortunately, my HT computer has a tiny fan on the video card, and that tiny fan makes an incredibly loud noise.  I've replaced all the other fans, but I can't replace that one.  I bought a fanless video card, but my case is too small.  So, I bought a new case with fancy fans...and the freaking motherboard doesn't fit the case!!! None of the holes line up.  Not a single one.  That's what I get for buying a name-brand computer.