new STA-9X (MSRP $1195)

rustydoglim

new STA-9X (MSRP $1195)
« on: 20 Jul 2021, 09:25 am »
STA-9X is a new design combining the technology from AMG and STA-9. The goal is to produce a powerful, Class-A warmth, with AMG finesses amp. This is a further proof that Nuprime does original R&D  :thumb:

STA-9X

STA-9

trianglezerius

Re: new STA-9X (MSRP $1195)
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2021, 10:51 pm »
Are they upgrading the DAC-9 too?

davidk1

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2021, 06:13 am »
I'm digging the trigger in and out feature.
How is the sound character compared to sta-9?
I'm using sta-9 mono/mono setup now and I am really satisfied with those.
There's something in vocal that other amps can't seem to get.
If sound character doesn't change much I would like to try sta-9x as a mono blocks just for the sake of convinience.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 9 Aug 2021, 01:14 pm »
STA-9X is significantly better than STA-9. Yes, definitely better in vocal (as it is closer to AMG STA than STA-9).
Oh, STA-9X has the highest switching frequency of 750kHz.  Basically it has the best of STA-9 characteristics and added AMG STA's details and smoothness.

pewe

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm »
Would be nice to have a trade-in possibility if you already have a STA-9. Any plans for that?

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2021, 02:58 pm »
For such a relatively low price product (in high end audio), how to offer trade-in?
The round trip shipping would cost >$300. If we take it back at the factory, we can't sell it.
Trade-in is normally offered by dealer or distributor for the market. Nuprime as a manufacturer has no way of offering trade-in since we don't sell direct (unless for clearance models, or when a market has no distributor or dealer) to customers.

micon

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2021, 06:07 pm »
I think this combined with the DAC-9 might be the best choice for me looking for an upgrade from the great IDA-8. Do you agree?

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2021, 07:40 pm »
Absolutely.  10 years ago the tech that we put into STA-9X would make it a $5000 amp, but like all high tech products, they only get better and cheaper.

A1x

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2021, 07:50 am »
I can't wait to try it out as the list of improvements over STA-9 seems to perfectly align with my expectations  :) Can you give any estimation on its availability in EU?

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 5 Sep 2021, 09:53 pm »
STA-9X has been shipping already.  Most EU distributors were on holidays during the early part of August. Please check with your dealer and distributor. Some of them have just placed an order last week.

a2o

« Reply #10 on: 7 Sep 2021, 09:04 am »
If a significant difference and/or improvement to the STA-9, will the STA-9X be added to the amp comparison table?
(Maybe together with the Omnia A300SE that is also missing in the table.)

Meicheng

« Reply #11 on: 8 Sep 2021, 03:25 pm »
Newprime has a whole bunch of new products on their website, but there are hardly no reviews of most of these products.  It would be nice (and possibly help sales) if they could get these products into the hands of some reviewers.  I am thinking of the usual suspects on Youtube, Tone Audio Magazine and a couple of others.  Other than the information on the website, there is barely any information available and no 3rd party comments.

rustydoglim

« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2021, 09:32 pm »
Well, if you guys tell me that you will contribute additional 20% of the price toward the reviews, then we will very happy to provide more reviews. Most people don't realise how EXPENSIVE it is to have a review.
It cost thousands of $.  In my previous company, NuForce has a lot of reviews, and it is covered by major magazines and newspaper. So what's the annual ad budget? > $200,000 per year.

Nuprime tried to keep our cost down so that you guys can have affordable high end audio.  Performance wise, our product could match other well known brand that cost a few times our price.
And my friends, you will have to pay for the reviews.

Sure, anyone can request for review. But what's the chances of the product actually getting a review if we don't commit to a large ad budget? Do you wander why we never had a review on Stereophile? We didn't advertise there.
Another policy or practice of Nuprime is that we don't want to pay for influencers reviews. We get review requests all the time from YouTubers, bloggers, etc but we would have to provide free products.

Your best reviews are the comments from your fellow audiophiles here. Occasionally we would have "mainstream" magazines such as The Absolute Sound review a main product.  Even for magazine that we commit annual ad budget, we only get one to two reviews per year, I repeat, PER YEAR.  Now you know why most of the models don't get reviews, because we made too many good products :). Too many.  :thumb:

seikosha

« Reply #13 on: 12 Sep 2021, 09:37 pm »
Thanks rustydoglim for explaining.  I’ve never really understood the fascination and need some people have to read/watch online reviews.  The forums are by far the best places to get ideas of what things really sound like.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2021, 06:03 pm »
Well, if you guys tell me that you will contribute additional 20% of the price toward the reviews, then we will very happy to provide more reviews. Most people don't realise how EXPENSIVE it is to have a review.
It cost thousands of $.  In my previous company, NuForce has a lot of reviews, and it is covered by major magazines and newspaper. So what's the annual ad budget? > $200,000 per year.

Nuprime tried to keep our cost down so that you guys can have affordable high end audio.  Performance wise, our product could match other well known brand that cost a few times our price.
And my friends, you will have to pay for the reviews.

Sure, anyone can request for review. But what's the chances of the product actually getting a review if we don't commit to a large ad budget? Do you wander why we never had a review on Stereophile? We didn't advertise there.
Another policy or practice of Nuprime is that we don't want to pay for influencers reviews. We get review requests all the time from YouTubers, bloggers, etc but we would have to provide free products.

Your best reviews are the comments from your fellow audiophiles here. Occasionally we would have "mainstream" magazines such as The Absolute Sound review a main product.  Even for magazine that we commit annual ad budget, we only get one to two reviews per year, I repeat, PER YEAR.  Now you know why most of the models don't get reviews, because we made too many good products :). Too many.  :thumb:

I've offered to my dealer to write reviews in my Blog for any Nuprime products absolutely free of charge! But I made only 2: STA-9 and uDSD, because I bought it for myself and it exists on 2 languages including English. As I understood Ukrainian distributor doesn't care at all.

rustydoglim

« Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2021, 05:38 pm »
We don't have distributor/dealer in Ukraine.

JAC_ZAR

« Reply #16 on: 26 Sep 2021, 08:02 am »
There are a lot of NuPrime reviews in my country and they are all positive

https://rafko.com/pl/testy-nuprime

I'm waiting for IDA-32  :D

Eisener Bart

« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2021, 04:12 pm »
We don't have distributor/dealer in Ukraine.

And how I bought my 5 items?

rustydoglim

« Reply #18 on: 4 Oct 2021, 07:30 pm »
There was a distributor/dealer a year ago but "disappeared".  Perhaps some Ukraine dealers are getting stocks from Russian distributor.

worldcat

« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2021, 04:33 pm »
Is STA-9X better than mono Nuforce 9v3SE?