Welcome

Mike Pranka

• Facilitator
Welcome
« on: 25 Feb 2010, 02:11 pm »
Welcome to the WTL Circle! Both myself and Mike Thomson at WTL in New Zealand look forward to answering any questions that we can. I hope this forum will facilitate lighthearted exchange about one of the audio world's most unique and enduring designs- Bill Firebaugh's Well Tempered Lab turntable.

Mike

Scott F.

Re: Welcome
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2010, 09:06 pm »
Hiya Mike,

Congrats on the new WTL Circle  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm »
Very cool  :thumb:  Howdy Mike.

John

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2010, 10:54 pm »
Congrats to Mike and WTL!  Analog is still best to my old ears.

Best Regards,
Jake

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2010, 02:53 pm »
Glad to find this!  I have an older Well Tempered which sat new and unused in a friend's basement for years.  It took years to get him to dig it out and part with it but it's found a good home. 
It's just a tremendous product with such clever engineering; it really shows up the CDs.
It's actually leveled a bit better than this crummy photo shows.

threadkiller

« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2010, 11:14 pm »
Looks nice.  Should sound great if setup well...
Mine never did have a dustcover.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2010, 12:16 am »
Excellent! Love my Well Tempered Turntable!!! Who's the local representative in the US?

Scott F.

« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2010, 01:11 am »
That would be Mike Pranka, the moderator of this forum  :green:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 2 Mar 2010, 02:47 am »
Correct me if I'm mistaken but for the older tables, I believe it's still Stanalog
www.stanalog.com
and Dynavector for the newer models.
www.dynavector-usa.com

doak

« Reply #9 on: 3 Mar 2010, 02:32 am »
SO glad to see this forum available.   The original WTT was what I used when I returned to vinyl in the early 90's. I've great respect for Bill Firebaugh's designs and am very excited about/interested in the Amadeus.  Will be following this forum to get and keep "up to speed." 

I expect that there will be a Well Tempered Amadeus in my future.

Regards,
Doak

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2010, 12:25 am »
The dustcover and hinge kit came from Stanalog and was a bit nerve wracking to install as I had to drill holes in both the table and the cover and get it to mount up properly.  Have to get it right the first time!
Some new albums came in this evening and the sound quality from this turntable/cartridge/phono stage is astonishingly good. 

shaker

« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2010, 01:13 am »
I am the happy owner of a new WTA. Have been re-discovering my vinyl for the past three months via WTA with Dynavector through Shindo. I have sent multiple e-mails inquiring about a dust cover with no reply. Is such a product available? Is there a hinged model?  How can it be purchased?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2010, 10:28 pm »
I bought my dustcover and hinge kit from Stanalog
http://stanalog.stores.yahoo.net/accessories.html
My Well Tempered is an older model and the cover measures 14 7/8 x 18 3/8" (give or take) with the hinge itself going down about an inch into the base.  Perhaps that would work on the new ones? 

threadkiller

« Reply #13 on: 30 Mar 2010, 02:22 am »
Hi Shaker, there was talk of a dustcover of sorts, but I haven't heard, hopefully Mr P will see this and answer.  I have read on PinkFish that some users were looking to source somebody to make dustcovers for them, but haven't seen a followup.

So what Shindo are you using? and with what speakers?  Do tell.....

Thinking about it, I doubt there'd be a hinged model coming, would have to be too tall to clear the arm pillar--perhaps? probably more like a take off and on acrylic type...
Thanks!

Mike Pranka

• Facilitator
Dustcover
« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2010, 01:36 pm »
Shaker,

Sorry, I haven't received any email regarding dustcovers.. feel free to contact me directly at:

info@dynavector-usa.com

Best,
Mike

TerryO

« Reply #15 on: 2 Apr 2010, 01:55 am »
Here's my Turntable. It has a Grado "Silver" cartridge and a Hagtech "Bugle" phono stage. While it's not as nicely finished as the production tables, it makes great sound. If you're wondering, I'll just mention that it isn't a clone.

Best Regards,
TerryO

threadkiller

« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2010, 04:56 pm »
Hey, looks like Firebaugh Jr. at work....

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm »
My dustcover just answered the hinged vs non-hinged/removable debate for me by popping itself apart where the screws attach to the cover!
Piece uh crap. 
So, I'm now firmly in the removable dust cover camp.

doak

« Reply #18 on: 25 Mar 2011, 05:22 pm »
SO glad to see this forum available.   The original WTT was what I used when I returned to vinyl in the early 90's. I've great respect for Bill Firebaugh's designs and am very excited about/interested in the Amadeus.  Will be following this forum to get and keep "up to speed." 

I expect that there will be a Well Tempered Amadeus in my future.

Regards,
Doak

Got mine last week!!
The WTA and Decca London Super Gold are a marriage made in music heaven.

Doak

gagamut

« Reply #19 on: 23 Apr 2011, 11:31 am »
Hi Mike,i'm newbie in here.i have a question about overhang,i saw the WT blog ,and they say the overhang is 0.5,and just want to know 0.5 inches or 0.5 cm,thanks

Sam