Members of BMG music service

MaxCast

« on: 4 Jan 2003, 02:13 pm »
I am thinking of joining again and wondered if anyone wanted to "sponsor" me and get the 4 free CD's?

The only other requirement is that I need to select CD's from the site.  Those mailers just don't have enough of a selection.

LMK,

booda

« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2003, 05:08 pm »
I'll sponsor ya'  But like you said, the bmg music selection is a little thin.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2003, 05:14 pm »
Max,

Once you get in, PM me - I need to be adding CDs to the collection again and you can "sponsor" me.

Thanks,

Brad in Houston

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2003, 06:06 pm »
I've PM'ed you both.

Nikko

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2003, 03:36 pm »
I just fulfilled my membership agreement and would like to sponsor someone. If anyone is looking to join please let me know so I can pick up a few freebies.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2003, 08:34 pm »
My wife signed up for BMG and ordered a bunch of CD's, then sent like 2/11 and have been harassing her ever since to pay for all of them.  Its a constant battle with them.  They never sent the others yet they say they have or they will and never do but want their money.  What a PITA!

Ferdi

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:09 am »
In NL, these "platenclubs" have a very bad reputation for just this reason. You sign up once for the intructory offer and then subsequently can't get rid of them. Bad performance is a bonus as that at least gives you some legal grounds to end the agreement before your contract time runs out.

mojoman

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2003, 02:26 am »
I have to say that my experience with BMG has been nothing but positive.  I've been a member since 1998 and the worst thing that has happened is the occassional wrong cd and every time they've made it right and let me keep the unordered cd as a gift.   While their selection is limited, I will order from them two or three times a year when they have their buy 1 get 3 free sales.  I've also picked up some good deals on boxed sets.

booda

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2003, 06:41 pm »
In regards to customer service, BMG has been great.  When I received my free selections, every cd case was broken.  BMG immediately responded to my e-mail and sent new cases.  No questions asked.

MaxCast

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2003, 07:49 pm »
I've been a member of bmg or CH on and off since 1978.  I get so tired of sending the mail cards back that I end up cancelling.  About a year later  I will join again.  I think I set this one up to be email only???  Plus the selection is better on the web vs. the pamphlets they send via usps.  And I 've never had a customer service problem with either of them.

tmd

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2003, 01:57 pm »
I've heard both good and bad about them but the price of CD's in Ireland has me thinking about joining one of them.
Ferdi, what ones are available on this side of the world and have you used any of them in the past?
Anyone else any advice for European based ones?
Thanks, Neil.

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2003, 09:37 pm »
Is it just me or is every disc you get via BMG have piss poor recording?

I have a theory about BMG (probably others as well), that they buy the rights the catalogs of some recording companies and then repress via the cheapest possible method available.   I have read that not all pressing to CD methods are equal and that cheapo discs are sometimes used.  I think this is the case here.  Could be wrong.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2003, 11:15 pm »
Their classical selections are fine.  In fact, "Devils Dance" is one of my reference CD's. . .

MaxCast

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jul 2003, 02:08 am »
I've seen this question before a few times.  I don't know if we'll ever know for sure.  Most people say they are the same.??????  My experience is that they are the same as far as I can tell.  I've taken a couple Cd's that were dups when my wife and I got married.  One was BMG and the other was from a music store.  The couple that I tried sounded the same :|

BTW, I just ordered 4 CD's for under $8 each.  Not to bad.