Moscode Owner Systems - congrats Pete!

jsalk

Moscode Owner Systems - congrats Pete!
« on: 11 Feb 2007, 11:44 pm »
In the past, a number of owners have reported great synergy between their HT3's and the Moscode 401.  While the 401's are out of the price range of many of our customers, I was able to hear the combination in person recently and was very impressed.

Today I had a little spare time (for the first time in a long time) and was surfing around the web.  I decided to see what Moscode amps were all about.  As I was clicking through the site, I came across this picture of the room I had heard:

http://www.moscode.com/moscode_owner_systems.htm

It kind of took me by surprise (a very nice one at that), since I wasn't expecting to see a pair of HT3's displayed on the Moscode site.

Pete's (BigRedMachine) room is small, but he did a great job with room treatments and was driving his HT3's with a very nice collection of source gear (including the 401).  It was among the best sounding HT3-based systems I have heard.  I have no idea how much the amp contributed to the overall sound quality, but it was impressive.

Congratulations Pete!  After all the work you did on that room, you deserve the recognition.

- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Moscode Owner Systems - congrats Pete!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2007, 12:18 am »
I tried quite a few amps (see list below) with the HT3's and the Moscode 401HR was my favorite one.  It truly is a hybrid, offering the best virtues of ss and tubes in beautiful package.  I also love the fact that you can flavor the sound a bit by doing some tube rolling.

Here are some of the amps I owned or extensively auditioned with the HT3's:

Dodd 120 mono amps
CI Audio D-200 mono amps
McCormack DNA-500
BAT VK-600SE
NuForce 9.0

George

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2007, 05:04 am »
I've been eyeing the Moscode 401 HR since I read a review by TVAD on audiogon.

The idea of the best of tube and solid state with ease of tube rolling is very appealing

plus the designer is a jazz bass player - so I know he gets it

gthomas

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2007, 03:45 pm »
Since getting my HT3s, I listen to a lot more music. However, I still love my HT and watch movies about every night.  How does the Moscode do with HT?  I am really interested in this amp, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot with my HT as it is probably 70% of my speaker use.  Any thoughts? I am currently using the Gemstone amp for all 7 channels.

Gene