Greetings from Seattle

nater123

Greetings from Seattle
« on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:56 am »
I am an aspiring audiophile looking to learn the tricks of the trade from experts and score some deals on equipment purchases along the way.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings from Seattle
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2019, 04:11 am »
Welcome Nater :thumb:
I like the mottos:
Audio must be simple.
Small amps and hi efficiency speakers.

nater123

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2019, 04:37 am »
Will keep in mind, thanks FullRangeMan! :thumb: :)

Samoyed

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2019, 11:49 am »
I am an aspiring audiophile looking to learn the tricks of the trade from experts and score some deals on equipment purchases along the way.

I’m in Denny Blaine. You?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2019, 11:51 am »
Deals only come from knowing what you want.  Recommend lots of reading and listening to live unamplified music to know what music really sounds like and what audio factors are important to you.  The only group of people with more varying audio opinions than reviewers are audiophiles we let onto general audio sites like this one.   :roll:

Examples:  many say GIGO (garbage in garbage out) meaning that once the signal is corrupted you can't improve it, while others say speakers (or headphones) make the biggest difference of any component in the system; many praise SET (single ended triode) amps while other say that the best speakers need much more power than SETs can provide; some love vinyl while others are fully committed to digital.

So when you get into this pastime you'll realize that there is no perfect solution for everyone, you'll have to discover that on your own.  If you're like 99.9% of us you'll make mistakes along the way.  But audio is a journey, not a destination, and enjoyment of music is the ultimate goal.

Take care.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2019, 02:15 pm »
Welcome!

nater123

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2019, 02:35 pm »
Thanks much Phil! I am not able to contact sellers on Trading Post, I have two posts with one more awaiting moderator approval. Wondering when/home I'll be eligible to send PMs etc.

Thank you!

Blackmore

« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:03 pm »
I have approved your third post so everything should work now. Thanks for joining Audiocircle.

nater123

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2019, 03:19 pm »
Thanks a lot Blackmore!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2019, 05:35 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC nater   :thumb:

Samoyed

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2019, 10:43 pm »

I have a nearly New Rotel RB 1590 and nearly New Kinki EX M1 to sell if interested. I have gone to class D.