EAT C-Sharp Turntable. Anyone own or demoed one?

Luxmancl38

EAT C-Sharp Turntable. Anyone own or demoed one?
« on: 19 Sep 2018, 01:30 pm »
An interesting TT. Has outboard speed controls and comes w/a $1000 Ortofon Quint Black MC cart. Price is $3999. Wondering how it also compares to other TT's in this price range. :thumb:

mg8

• Roll Away the Dew
Re: EAT C-Sharp Turntable. Anyone own or demoed one?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2018, 09:22 pm »
I own one.  About 2 years now.  I am really happy with it.  I change gear fairly often and this has survived 3 complete system changes. It performs better than the price point.  I have added the EAT Massive Record Clamp and the Mojo Audio Illuminati v.3 power supply to replace the OEM PSU.  I feel like it is a long term "keeper".  I have had similar priced Clearaudio Ovation and Rega RP-8. I enjoy this table more.  The cartridge is a very good.  The speed stability is very good.  The arm is an overachiever. It is well isolated from foot fall and micro vibrations.  Very natural timbre, excellent extension high-low and good midrange presence without over-emphasis.  I have 30 years in this hobby now and the C-Sharp is strong recommendation.

The Analog setup : EAT C-Sharp with OEM Dust cover, Ortofon Quintet Black, EAT Massive Record Clamp, Mojo Audio Illuminati v.3 PSU, Wireworld Silver Eclipse DIN to XLR, Little Fwend (low), Ayre Acoustics P-5xe