Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Re: What Headphones Is Linda using?
« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2016, 05:35 pm »
Uhhh ... what headphones?

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2016, 08:05 pm »
She was pretty back then, wasn't she?
No idea on the headphones.

afterlife2

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2016, 08:25 pm »
Thanks for trying guys. Head-fi member said they were Koss K6. I guess they were good for studio headphones at the time 1960-70's:

dB Cooper

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2016, 03:29 pm »
WTF ever happened to Koss... In the midst of an explosion in the headphone market, they have all but vanished.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2016, 04:08 pm »
WTF ever happened to Koss... In the midst of an explosion in the headphone market, they have all but vanished.

The Walkman happened. Smaller portable devices required smaller light-weight earphones. Headcans like Koss had real weight to them and required good amplification to sound their best so for the PMDs, smaller and lighter became the order for the day. It would be difficult to jog with those heavy Pro 4As on your head, not to mention the extra-long extension cord needed.

dB Cooper

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2016, 04:15 am »
10-12 years or so ago,  I had a pair of RadioShack Pro-35 headphones which were rebranded Koss (don't know the OEM model name). They played great out of the portable CD player I used them with, were quite lightweight with good mechanical design and form, and sounded pretty good as I remember (titanium drivers no less). So Koss didn't miss the mobile train completely. Below are the Radio Shack one from "back in the day" and its apparent Koss-branded descendant.

Koss is still in business but a look at their site reveals a hodgepodge of boring-looking designs, many of which look pretty much like each other. You can still buy a Pro 4AA if you don't mind taking them off to drain the sweat every so often. The Porta Pro has been around forever. The rest (especially the portable-oriented models) seems to be a bunch of el-cheapo 'meh' with the electrostatic model seeming completely out of place (it too has been around for many years virtually unchanged).
I guess every dog has his day.

ACHiPo

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2016, 04:19 am »
Uhhh ... what headphones?
:rotflmao:
My thought exactly! :thumb:

dB Cooper

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2016, 04:27 am »
C'mon now, you horn-dogs...

charmerci

« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2016, 05:09 pm »

Koss is still in business but a look at their site.... You can still buy a Pro 4AA if you don't mind taking them off to drain the sweat every so often.

:o :o :o  I can't believe they're still selling them! They were my first hp's and yeah, long term listening was heavy and sweaty on warm days!