DAC DAC power supply

Shear Bliss VMPS

DAC DAC power supply
« on: 20 Apr 2016, 03:37 pm »
Tommy,

Good news on the enclosures coming in, its been a long wait. Will there be power supply options available to the DAC DAC other than the provided wall wart to further push its performance ?? Also seen on the Kickstarter site, are those Green LEDs I see on the DAC DAC ..... ( Thank God ) ... if so, I can do without anymore Blue LEDs in my lifetime period!!!

I eagerly await listening to my TL-version.

DW

SteveMiller

Re: DAC DAC power supply
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2016, 12:44 pm »
Good Morning.

I know Tommy is super busy with some builds and such that keep us eager listeners in the pure joy state we love from Digital Amplifier Company. 

Please let me chime in on his behalf. 

There has been a power supply option in the works as an upgrade path to DAC DAC's included supply.  The 60V supply can be modified by Tommy to provide not only the super robust 60V kilowatt drive for Maraschino or STM, but also to drive the clean 12V that DAC DAC needs.  In fact, a special setup thats been code named Triple Stack will play extremely nicely with this power setup in mind. The 60V upgrade is available to existing 60V owners as a quick turn around modification.  See the Custom Shop here at http://www.cherryamp.com/#!custom-shop/c1s59

For users that haven't been bit by the 60V bug yet, just drop Tommy a line and he can set you up very soon with a new 60V supply that's been configured to drive the DAC DAC as well. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: DAC DAC power supply
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2016, 05:14 pm »
Thanks for the help, Steve.

We run our performance testing with the provided power supply, and measurements are nothing short of spectacular.  The DAC DAC is very tolerant of ripple and power supply noise.  Interesting idea, however, to offer alternatives.  The DAC DAC requires 12V at a few watts, so it's not too difficult to make an alternative power supply.  We obviously can't cover DAC DACs under warrantee when a custom supply is used, though, so best to talk to us before attempting something like that.

And, yes, we are working on a 12VDC power supply connection on the 60V 1kW supplies to power the DAC DAC.  That, plus the cable to connect the two.  This enables the "triple stack" with DAC DAC, STM (Stereo Maraschino), and 60V 1kW power supply.  1000W max (400+Wpc into 4 ohms) of ultra clean Cherry sound with a super compact footprint!  This makes your bedroom system way-out-perform most main systems.

Thanks again.

-Tommy O