VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

oldhvymec

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #1120 on: 7 Feb 2020, 04:41 pm »
VMPS RM30 Ribbon Monitor Speakers -  (Salt Lake City, Utah)  $2500

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-RM30-Ribbon-Monitor-Speakers-Sound-amazing-in-good-physical-shape-/174097467338 

"VMPS RM30 Ribbon Monitor Speakers - Sound amazing - some scratches . Condition is Used. This speakers are on perfect working condition and sound amazing. They have some outside scratches , are missing a screen on one front speakers and the bottom is loose on one speaker.  Please feel free to ask questions. This speakers have a reputation.  I will discuss shipping if serious. Sold as is."

They are to be delivered on the 16th. I won't even be able to listen to them for 10 days or so.
A road trip starts that Sunday night, as soon as I'm finished off loading them.

I can't wait. Maybe I'll play hooky, "Oh I'll pass, you go on and enjoy yourself, the ol back is acting up"..Might work!! LOL

OldHvyMec..

Got them on the 18th.

Ok I have the RM30s in hand, I've never seen such a thing. One of the cabinets does not have a
side firing 10" hole cut.  One yes one no. The monitor section sound good, not great yet.
I opened one up, I've NEVER seen insulation packed so tight in my life, in a cabinet.
They have sound coat, No or low res and are like tapping on green concrete. I did look at the
XOs (after digging out the insulation, literally) somebody used VHQ stolen and acura caps. The inductors
were hand wound in the band pass section. Ever see this, No side firing hole?

Early / late model? I think late.. Crazy..

Regards
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2020, 10:35 pm by oldhvymec »

Stimpy

« Reply #1121 on: 12 Feb 2020, 01:30 am »
VMPS Tower II SE Speakers, Adcom  -  (Bethlehem, PA)  $525

https://allentown.craigslist.org/ele/d/bethlehem-vmps-tower-ii-se-speakers/7072104798.html

"Older audiophile grade full range tower speakers. If you are not familiar with the name VMPS google for more info an reviews. Excellent sound and amazing bass. No need for subs....trust me.

VMPS is no longer in business due to the passing of the owner. Manufactured on west coast and rarely seen on east coast due to cost of shipping and not sold in retail chain stores. Can hear set up with Adcom equipment.

Full range sound with very high hz ribbon tweeters, Focal dome tweeters, 5” mid range, 12” mid bass, 12” woofer, 12” passive radiator bottom firing with front port. These are serious two channel speakers. Can bi-amp. Frequency adjustable mid, high, low. No cones pushed in. Reformed passive radiators underneath the units. Everything works as it should.
Can audition over the next two weeks.

Also Adcom GFA 5500 amp 200 WPC with GTP 450 (with remote) for sale. $550 for combo. Great package deal for speakers and Adcom equipment $1025 firm."

Rtsandman

« Reply #1122 on: 7 Mar 2020, 04:54 am »
I’ll send money for those Tower II SE’s right now if they are still available. The posting has been deleted but one can hope...I’m searching for a pair of these

JDoyle

« Reply #1123 on: 9 Mar 2020, 07:12 pm »
They are to be delivered on the 16th. I won't even be able to listen to them for 10 days or so.
A road trip starts that Sunday night, as soon as I'm finished off loading them.

I can't wait. Maybe I'll play hooky, "Oh I'll pass, you go on and enjoy yourself, the ol back is acting up"..Might work!! LOL

OldHvyMec..

Got them on the 18th.

Ok I have the RM30s in hand, I've never seen such a thing. One of the cabinets does not have a
side firing 10" hole cut.  One yes one no. The monitor section sound good, not great yet.
I opened one up, I've NEVER seen insulation packed so tight in my life, in a cabinet.
They have sound coat, No or low res and are like tapping on green concrete. I did look at the
XOs (after digging out the insulation, literally) somebody used VHQ stolen and acura caps. The inductors
were hand wound in the band pass section. Ever see this, No side firing hole?

Early / late model? I think late.. Crazy..

Regards

I was close to ordering the RM 30’s way back when. I auditioned them, but never pulled the trigger.
There were 2 models, the C were the sans woofer model, while the M Had the side firing woofers (I wanted the M’s).

Why someone would want one of each is a mystery.
I wonder too if there were 4 at one point and used for home theater with the two C’s up front with subs. Perhaps they got split up and no one noticed the difference? Lots of guesses, but there had to be a reason.

I recall James Romeyn looked the C’s better than the M’s...

Enjoy your speakers.

oldhvymec

« Reply #1124 on: 10 Mar 2020, 01:53 am »
I’ll send money for those Tower II SE’s right now if they are still available. The posting has been deleted but one can hope...I’m searching for a pair of these

Where are you located? East Coast, West coast?. They are a great speaker. Your new to VMPS?
If they come up, try to get WCF drivers, it is a big improvement over the stock drivers.
They also have BR surrounds, will last a LONG time..
The stockers are great with tubes if your a tube guy...I ran TIIse with stock drivers and a MC275 biwired for a long time

Heck you want to join the RMx Elixir club... less than 9 pairs world wide. I have a pair. Very good shape, well taken care of.
Stunning
GREAT..stuff.

Regards

oldhvymec

« Reply #1125 on: 10 Mar 2020, 02:17 am »
I was close to ordering the RM 30’s way back when. I auditioned them, but never pulled the trigger.
There were 2 models, the C were the sans woofer model, while the M Had the side firing woofers (I wanted the M’s).

Why someone would want one of each is a mystery.
I wonder too if there were 4 at one point and used for home theater with the two C’s up front with subs. Perhaps they got split up and no one noticed the difference? Lots of guesses, but there had to be a reason.

I recall James Romeyn looked the C’s better than the M’s...

Enjoy your speakers.

Or maybe three and one was lost destroyed. WHO knows. Tell you this. They are some nice monitors, without me doing a thing.
BUT I haven't used the bass section, just monitors. DEAD quiet box. like green concrete..BUT a lot of nicks and such..
I'm really getting to enjoy them after a Transparent Cable upgrade. little amp matching.. very nice. I just know there is a lot more on the table with that speaker, The cable swap was NIGHT and day though. Didn't like my VTLs though.. Nords, crazzy good.

We'll see. I'm finally setting up the sound room right, after 35 years. RETIREMENT TIME... hee hee

Who knows, Might just keep the Elixirs, the 30s, I have a good RM2, and a NOS LRC with all the goodies. I don't know
Have to see..
regards

Rtsandman

« Reply #1126 on: 4 Apr 2020, 01:26 pm »
Where are you located? East Coast, West coast?. They are a great speaker. Your new to VMPS?
If they come up, try to get WCF drivers, it is a big improvement over the stock drivers.
They also have BR surrounds, will last a LONG time..
The stockers are great with tubes if your a tube guy...I ran TIIse with stock drivers and a MC275 biwired for a long time

Heck you want to join the RMx Elixir club... less than 9 pairs world wide. I have a pair. Very good shape, well taken care of.
Stunning
GREAT..stuff.

Regards

No I’m new I was lu my enough to score an absolutely mint pair of these for $500 a while back. I’d love to have another matching pair or a bigger version to match. I run a Marantz 4300 that has dual pre-outs and I run two external amps. These speakers have floored me so much I want a full VMPS lineup for my system. Right now I have the Super Tower II SE’s paired with some B&W 801 Matrix 2’s but I’d like to move those over to my 4400 with my Marantz HD-88’s.

Rtsandman

« Reply #1127 on: 4 Apr 2020, 01:37 pm »
Located in Ga

oldhvymec

« Reply #1128 on: 8 Apr 2020, 10:23 am »
Located in Ga

I see, paired? Surround system? Tower IIse, Super Tower IIse, Super Tower IIIse.
Yes that would make for some serious sound. I had a few pairs of Tower IIse at one time.
Can really pressure up a room. Great speakers. I still use the bass section of my TIIse,
just something about the double 12s, FAST. Still one of my favorite
speakers.

They can Bump, grandkids come over. "Grandpa's, got it going on"...Crack me up..
Look for the Carbon Fiber drivers if you can. They will work a little better in the long run,
unless your a tube guy. Stock graphite drivers actually work the best, for me..
VMPS BASS!! Nothing like it..

Enjoy ..

I see the Super Tower III se.  Well worth the it.. BoomBoom in the room room... That speakers will really pump it out.
Cousin has a pair... same drivers... He'll never give them up...had them 25 + years. These are closer than most to you on the east coast. not too far.. ay?
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2020, 02:17 am by oldhvymec »

Stimpy

« Reply #1129 on: 8 Apr 2020, 12:52 pm »
VMPS Speaker (Drivers)  -  (Dallas, Texas)  $200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Speaker/133380237793?hash=item1f0e14e9e1:g:b1oAAOSwZrBein13

"VMPS Speaker . Condition is For parts or not working."

Stimpy

« Reply #1130 on: 8 Apr 2020, 02:50 pm »
VMPS SUPER TOWER III SPEAKERS  -  (Greensboro, North Carolina)  $2000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-SUPER-TOWER-III-SPEAKERS/254524229478?hash=item3b42d38766:g:YSYAAOSwEwpeVw5h

"Specs. Sens.96dB (1w,undistorted output 132dB
1 W drive,20Hz-30kHz
Low frequency cutoff 17Hz
Subwoofers: 2x15" one active,one mass loaded
Low bass: 1x12"polypropylene cone
Midbass 2x!0" special polypropylene cone
Midrange 4x5" polypropylene cones with ferrofluid,isolated
Tweeter 4x1" Superdomes,1000W total power handling fiberglass inverted harddomes with 30oz. magnets
Supertweeter,High efficiency ribbon
Power requirements 20W-500W RMS
Dimensions 78x181/2x181/2"(HxWxD)
300lbs
Imp. 8 ohms
Attenuation controls for Midrange,Treble,& Super Ribbon Tweeter"

Stimpy

« Reply #1131 on: 8 Apr 2020, 07:16 pm »
VMPS LARGER SUBWOOFER  -  (Simi Valley)  $450

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/d/simi-valley-vmps-larger-subwoofer/7101129732.html

"VMPS LARGER Subwoofer (SPECIAL EDITION)

This is the Ultimate LARGER SUBWOOFER from VMPS.

It has 12" MEGAWOOFER, 15" MEGAWOOFER, and 15" ULTRAMEGA Passive Radiator.

Easily hit 16Hz frequencies

Also Available is a CROWN CLS 1500 Power Amp add $400"

Doublej

« Reply #1132 on: 27 Apr 2020, 02:06 pm »
I just put a pair of RM40s up for sale in Boston.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=169679.msg1797914#new

Stimpy

« Reply #1133 on: 2 May 2020, 12:41 am »
I just put a pair of RM40s up for sale in Boston.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=169679.msg1797914#new

PRICE DROP - Now $1100.00...!   :D

GeorgeAb

Doublej

« Reply #1135 on: 3 May 2020, 10:18 pm »
PRICE DROP - Now $1100.00...!   :D

Hooked up so they now can be auditioned. More pics here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12E4eAn-1mLgtIB_NC18Vj6rwc-hPdZzX

Stimpy

« Reply #1136 on: 4 May 2020, 03:28 pm »
VMPS RM-1 in Bay Area.   

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/d/santa-rosa-vmps-rm-1-speakers/7116105639.html

Pretty, but on the wrong coast...!   :duh:

Woofers look 'ODD'.  Not stock.  They look like something from Peerless.  Still, worth a purchase.

Stimpy

« Reply #1137 on: 6 May 2020, 10:44 pm »
VMPS Tower II New old stock NOS . Oak. Stereo Speakers  -  (McFarland, CA)  $1200

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649616068-vmps-tower-ii-new-old-stock-nos-oak-stereo-speakers/

"For sale is a pair of New Old Stock VMPS Tower ii. Rare speaker. Delivery available within California at extra charge (depending on distance). Pictures of speakers are of my pair that I am keeping. The ones pictured in in boxes have never been removed. This pair in boxes is for sale."

ZAKski288

« Reply #1138 on: 14 May 2020, 03:41 pm »
FOR SALE: VMPS RM/X Elixir CES best of show award winning speakers, $5000.00

Up for sale a pair of VMPS RM/X Elixir in Great shape. If you are reading this ad you know how good these speakers sound.The presentation is fantastic with a very holographic sound stage and plenty of air and detail in the mids and highs. The Bass is fast and textured. They require a large room to get the best out of them. I have been running them with Rowland gear, and Vac 120 watt Tube gear and both sounded great, it would just depend on your preference as to what you would want to use to power them. I think they work best with at least 60 watts of tube power or 200 watts of solid state power.
These have been upgraded with new capacitors for the tweeters(Audyn copper caps). Replaced both tweeters with new ones per original Aurum Cantus. New L Pads. New passive radiators( better design). Nothing wrong with them.
I have a bunch of spare parts for them also.
2- passive radiators
2- neo panels
1- woofer that just need refoamed
knobs, spare ribbons, and a few other things
Shipping would be completely up to the purchaser to make arrangements for pickup and delivery.
Thanks for looking and Happy Listening.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649618566-vmps-mr-x-elixir-ces-best-of-show-award-winning-speakers/

oldhvymec

« Reply #1139 on: 15 May 2020, 10:18 pm »
Well Ken how ya been?

I see you have your RMXs up for sale. I like um..;-)

What are you using for ICs? Any tricks up you sleeves?

You like your XO upgrade better?

Regards Scott 
The OldHvyMec