Super 7 Monitor MK2 -- Users Yea or Nah ? ...................

Cut-Throat

Looking at the Super 7 Monitor MK2 --- looking for Comments from users.

They are the right physical size for me... Is the extra $$ for the wood veneer worth it?  -- Not sure what the Basic finish is? (Can someone explain what this finish is?)

Anything you would have done different?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Hi Cut-Throat,

The 7MK2 is a great speaker.  The basic finishes are very high quality woodgrain embossed laminate that you can't tell from real veneer.  It boils down to what look you like the best. 

What amp are you looking at running them with? 

rar1

Big fan of the Super 7 Monitor.  The larger driver makes a huge difference.  Thee speakers play louder and have real oomph, while retaining all the detail and nuance.  Have run the Super 7 Monitors with both the Rega Brio, as well as the Class D Audio (CDA 250), amplifiers. 

https://classdaudio.com/cda-250c-class-d-audio-power-amplifier.html

I went with a two tone finish on the Super 7s. 

Rich

Cut-Throat

Hi Cut-Throat,

The 7MK2 is a great speaker.  The basic finishes are very high quality woodgrain embossed laminate that you can't tell from real veneer.  It boils down to what look you like the best. 

What amp are you looking at running them with?

SET Amps ...... 300B or 45

mick wolfe

Room size, volume levels and types of music you listen too will dictate. 300B would be the safest choice if you listen to most all genres at generous volume levels.  Never had a 45 amp, but I'm guessing it might be doable at reasonable volume levels  in a smaller room.

Kalali

Line Magnetic 518iA

guf

SET Amps ...... 300B or 45
you need both.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Room size, volume levels and types of music you listen too will dictate. 300B would be the safest choice if you listen to most all genres at generous volume levels.  Never had a 45 amp, but I'm guessing it might be doable at reasonable volume levels  in a smaller room.

+1

roscoe65

you need both.

I have a 421A SET.  Does that count?