Owners Audition list.

glrtrgi

Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #200 on: 3 Aug 2010, 05:05 am »
I am in the Santa Monica, CA area and would like to listen to some of Jim's speakers with my integrated amplifier. Is there anyone in the vicinity that would be willing to schedule an audition?

Thanks,

Gregg

apstoltz

« Reply #201 on: 18 Aug 2010, 01:52 pm »
I am looking to audition the Song series and I am located in Indianapolis, IN. If anyone in the state has anything from the song lineup I would love to demo. Shoot me a pm and we can get something set up. THanks.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #202 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:00 pm »
I am looking to audition the Song series and I am located in Indianapolis, IN. If anyone in the state has anything from the song lineup I would love to demo. Shoot me a pm and we can get something set up. THanks.

Marbles has HT3's in Ft Wayne.  I'm showing my old age and forgetfulness if anyone in your area has ST's.  I have ST's and HT2TL's in Ann Arbor area.

apstoltz

« Reply #203 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:03 pm »
I will pm him but I think I found another gentleman in Indy.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #204 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:37 pm »
I will pm him but I think I found another gentleman in Indy.

Uh--is that an MB0W1 you have pictured there?

haw1144

« Reply #205 on: 18 Aug 2010, 09:07 pm »
Any chance anyone in the bay area (CA) have the Songbirds yet?

hoops44

« Reply #206 on: 6 Nov 2010, 05:01 am »
Anyone with Songtowers in Humboldt County, CA open to a demo? I also travel to Redding and Sacramento, CA fairly frequently.

Can anyone summarize a comparison of the ST vs B&W CM9?

Thanks,

Big Red Machine

« Reply #207 on: 6 Nov 2010, 10:27 am »
Anyone with Songtowers in Humboldt County, CA open to a demo? I also travel to Redding and Sacramento, CA fairly frequently.

Can anyone summarize a comparison of the ST vs B&W CM9?

Thanks,
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=87383.0

hoops44

« Reply #208 on: 11 Nov 2010, 02:24 am »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=87383.0
Big Red Machine,

Thanks for the link and the quick reply. No takers on the demo request though. Bummer!

dakulis

« Reply #209 on: 17 Nov 2010, 12:33 am »
I'm not incredibly, technically proficient but it seems like what would make sense here would be to come up with a spreadsheet that shows where the various owners are located by city/state, the speakers that they own and are willing to make available for review and contact information (email?) to allow someone to contact them directly instead of just posting here.  I guess I'd be willing to try it and maybe we post it under a whole new thread to you don't have to read through 11 pages and counting?  I didn't people in Oregon had Jim's speakers until I accidentally ran across a post.  What say all of you? 
Dave

Saturn94

« Reply #210 on: 17 Nov 2010, 12:40 am »
I'm not incredibly, technically proficient but it seems like what would make sense here would be to come up with a spreadsheet that shows where the various owners are located by city/state, the speakers that they own and are willing to make available for review and contact information (email?) to allow someone to contact them directly instead of just posting here.  I guess I'd be willing to try it and maybe we post it under a whole new thread to you don't have to read through 11 pages and counting?  I didn't people in Oregon had Jim's speakers until I accidentally ran across a post.  What say all of you? 
Dave

Sounds like a good idea.

In my speaker search the most difficult part has been finding where to audition them!

dakulis

« Reply #211 on: 23 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm »
Ok guys,

This weekend I am going to work on a Excel spreadsheet or Word document that will be shorter, sweeter and allow someone to find owners and speakers a little more quickly.  Then, I'm going to email it to Jim to post under a new thread and I would be happy to update it occasionally or Jim or Mary might be able to do that easier.  In any event, if you are willing to allow someone to hear your speakers and you haven't posted here, please let me know and I'll add you to the list.  Thanks all, Dave

dakulis

« Reply #212 on: 27 Nov 2010, 01:20 am »
I sent Jim an email with a Word document in table form that has everyone that listed an interest in allowing auditions.  If I missed you, let me know and I'll update the document and get a revised version to Jim.

Thanks all.

Saturn94

« Reply #213 on: 27 Nov 2010, 01:32 am »
I sent Jim an email with a Word document in table form that has everyone that listed an interest in allowing auditions.  If I missed you, let me know and I'll update the document and get a revised version to Jim.

Thanks all.

Thanks for you efforts.

In my speaker search over this past year the hardest part has been finding places to audition speakers I'm interested in.  Unforturnately, that means that some speakers that looked interesting will be dropped from consideration because I cannot audition them.

vermont99

« Reply #214 on: 19 Jan 2011, 09:34 pm »
Looking to audition a set of HT3’s I am located near Roanoke VA. Can any body help? 

karl d

« Reply #215 on: 22 Jan 2011, 06:32 am »
I live in the Seattle area and I'm interested in auditioning the HT1 or other speakers with the same RAAL/Seas drivers.  Are there any kind souls willing to demo their gear in/near Seattle?  :wink:

Karl

karl d

« Reply #216 on: 22 Jan 2011, 06:44 am »
I'm also interested in hearing the Ellis 1801b if anyone has a pair.  8)

Yeggo

« Reply #217 on: 12 Feb 2011, 08:35 pm »
I have SongTowers with  Ribbon Tweeters. Power is by Van Alstine. I live in Jamaica Plain, a neighborhood of Boston. Be happy to let someone hear them :

hifi_classical

« Reply #218 on: 24 Feb 2011, 10:26 pm »
Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Salk SongTowers.  I was hoping someone in the Chicago area might have some standard SongTowers that I might be able to listen to?

Spinerep

« Reply #219 on: 22 Mar 2011, 09:26 pm »
Hello All... Newbie to the group as of today... talked to jim today and debating between the songtower with ribbon and the HT2-TL's.  Would like to hear them if possible.  Anyone in the indiana (im in fort wayne), lower michigan (jim offered as well). that I could listen to some examples?

thanks much and I really am thinking this could get addicting...

David