FS: Black Modwright Transporter & extra goodies $3000

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
For sale:

Black Modwright Transporter (Truth mods as per the Modwright website) delivered direct from Dan in February 2008 to a buddy of mine, making me the second owner.  The Transporter was a brand new unit Dan modified, not a used one sent to him.  Unit is in perfect condition and works flawlessly. 

This unit will include all of the original stock tubes that Dan provides (CBS-Hytron 5U4GB rectifier and Sovtek 6N1P signal tubes), original packaging, etc...

This unit does not have the hyper mod, but the case does allow for the use of the Bolder Cable Octal adapters that allow the Modwright Transporter to really strut their stuff with 6SN7 tubes in place of the stock nine pin signal tubes.

When you buy this unit, you are getting a Modwright Transporter which is already broken in (no waiting for up to 250 hours for break in), you don't have to wait for delivery (fast shipment and no build time), and most importantly...you save $1500 off the list price of a new unit!!

At my asking price, I will include the following:

-  (1) pair of Bolder Cable Octal Tube Adapters (which allow you to use 6SN7 tubes in addition to nine pin variety per the manual)
-  (1) NOS Tung-Sol 5U4GB rectifier tube
-  A 4' Audio Power power cord (nice upgrade over the stock power cord)
-  Free shipping (includes double boxing and full insurance) within the US except Hawaii and Alaska

Ok, before the flood of questions on why I am selling or what is replacing the Modwright Transporter...

No, I have not found something better.  I am simply getting a Silver Modwright Transporter unit so that it better matches my Plinius M8 preamp.

If you want to pay via , please add 3% to cover the fee.

If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM.

Here are some pictures of the actual unit:

Thanks for looking.

George

mikel51

Re: FS: Black Modwright Transporter & extra goodies $3000
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2009, 11:56 am »
Ok, before the flood of questions on why I am selling or what is replacing the Modwright Transporter...

No, I have not found something better.  I am simply getting a Silver Modwright Transporter unit so that it better matches my Plinius M8 preamp.

George

whew, I am not sure my wallet could handle "something better."    we would really miss your input to the tube rolling thread if you were "moving on."  but of course inquiring minds will want to know when you do find it 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2009, 12:21 pm »

George

whew, I am not sure my wallet could handle "something better."    we would really miss your input to the tube rolling thread if you were "moving on."  but of course inquiring minds will want to know when you do find it 

Mike,

I am still using a Modwright Transporter, I simply bought a Silver one and need to sell my black one.

George

zybar

• Volunteer

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2009, 01:30 pm »
Bump