TJHUB's HT2-TL's and HT2C Center - SOLD

jsalk

TJHUB's HT2-TL's and HT2C Center - SOLD
« on: 22 Aug 2014, 04:19 pm »
Terry is interested in upgrading and asked us to post his speakers as being available for sale.

The speakers are a pair of Veracity HT2-TL's and a matching HT2C center.  They were done in a smokey silver gray burst finish.

Here are some pictures...

I'll let TJHUB fill you in on all the details.  Take it away TJ...

- Jim
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014, 03:46 pm by jsalk »

TJHUB

Re: TJHUB's HT2-TL's and HT2C Center
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2014, 05:58 pm »
Thanks Jim. 

The HT2-TL speakers were delivered to me in late March of 2009.  They are made with 1" thick MDF.  The center channel came about 4 months later.  All speakers are in flawless condition, and I have all the original packaging.

I am selling due to a move to a new home.  I used to run them in a 2-channel/home theater setup that has now been separated into 2 rooms.  Because of this, I have no use at all for the center channel, and it was boxed up 3 months ago (the HT2-TL's are not boxed up, but have been sitting idle for nearly as long).  I've decided to sell and move to a pair of HT3's.  If this is a good decision or not will remain to be seen.

I am asking $4,200.00 plus shipping and Paypal fees (if applicable).  Sales to lower 48 only, but prefer local sale.  I am in Manitowoc, WI.  I would be willing to meet part way, or work out delivery if timing and distance works out.

Kinger

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2014, 07:08 pm »
Good luck with your sale Terry.  Those are beautiful speakers and I have no doubts they will sell quickly.  Thought you might be going for some SS8's in the upgrade :)

TJHUB

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2014, 07:34 pm »
Thanks, but SS8's don't fit in my budget.  :( 

TJHUB

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2014, 08:21 pm »
Price reduction to $3,800.00

TJHUB

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2014, 09:00 pm »
Here is a pic of them in their new home:

TJHUB

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2014, 11:27 am »
Final price reduction to $3,400

dirtymccurdz

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2014, 04:35 pm »
Terry, I just joined this forum , how can we communicate in regards to the HT2's?

TJHUB

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2014, 02:42 am »
Terry, I just joined this forum , how can we communicate in regards to the HT2's?

Sorry for the slow response.  The system let me private message you.  Hopefully you can see it. 

kenJay

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2014, 06:46 pm »
Hi Terry,
Are these still available?
Thanks
KenJay

TJHUB

« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov 2014, 07:29 pm »
Hi Terry,
Are these still available?
Thanks
KenJay

I have a sale pending on just the speakers.  The center channel is still available.

TJHUB

« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2014, 10:58 pm »
The speakers are SOLD. 

I am offering the center channel for $700.00.  The finish is rather forgiving, and looks black in a dark room.  The front is black around the grill. 

Anyone interested?

TJHUB

« Reply #12 on: 7 Nov 2014, 12:10 am »
ALL SPEAKERS ARE SOLD.

Rocket

« Reply #13 on: 7 Nov 2014, 11:06 am »
Hi Terry,

I sold my ht2's (non tl and lcy tweeter) and purchased a pair of HT3 speakers (autumn cantus tweeter).  I found that the midrange is definitely more transparent and the bass just good so low.  The only issue could be that you need a powerful amplifier to use and in my case I have Ampzilla 2000's amps which are rated at 300wpc.

I have the autumn cantus tweeter as the cabinets were older one's in stock and were quite a bit cheaper compared to the RAAL version.

Cheers Rod

TJHUB

« Reply #14 on: 7 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm »
Hi Terry,

I sold my ht2's (non tl and lcy tweeter) and purchased a pair of HT3 speakers (autumn cantus tweeter).  I found that the midrange is definitely more transparent and the bass just good so low.  The only issue could be that you need a powerful amplifier to use and in my case I have Ampzilla 2000's amps which are rated at 300wpc.

I have the autumn cantus tweeter as the cabinets were older one's in stock and were quite a bit cheaper compared to the RAAL version.

Cheers Rod

I never ran my HT2-TL's without a subwoofer until my move to a different home.  A few of us HT2-TL owners found out long ago that asking the W18 drivers to play deep bass causes increased distortion (volume dependant).  High passed to a subwoofer, the HT2-TL's are amazing.  Had I not felt somewhat forced to run full-range with my now greatly simplified 2-channel setup, I never would have sold them.  I'm still hoping it's not a mistake.

I should have the HT3's early next week.  My Odyssey monoblocks are something like 360wrms at 4ohms, so I think I'll be fine on power.  I'm not a loud listener, just loud enough to hear the fine details in music.  I remain hopeful I will be happy with them.  It is a Salk speaker, so that gives me a lot of confidence. 

If I feel I need more power, or have in room issues, I have a very interesting trick up my sleeve...