Little Fat Glider or Cone or Spike Decoupling Glider

Barry

Hi, I'm using Decware ERR radial speakers. I have seen a positive feedback of another ERR user using Little Fat Glider.  The ERR speakers come with spike (optional to install), I'd like to ask would it be better to

A) install 3 spikes and use it with Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider or;
B) just put the speaker on top of 3 Little Fat Glider

My apartment is cement floor covered with large hard tiles (2 feet square).

Any other suggestion?  I want to improve treble details as well as deeper bass.

thank you!

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Little Fat Glider or Cone or Spike Decoupling Glider
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2010, 04:11 pm »
Hi, Barry. You wouldn't go wrong either way. Four Big Fat Dots under each speaker is an excellent option, also.

Among these products, comparative differences would vary slightly from one system to another. With all, however, you're likely to get improved bass extension, linearity and definition as well as cleaner highs and improved imaging.

I suggest giving Little Fat Gliders a try.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2010, 12:57 am by Herbie »

david12

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 08:24 am »
  Barry
   I have just installed the little glider under the spikes on my Daedallus Da-R ma's. I mainly installed them to let me bring them out into the room for critical listening and they do make the speakers easy to move. I think they have improved the base control and imaging. I also use big fat dots between the base and speakers.
  A bargain at the price
   David

solentgreen

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2010, 04:39 am »
Hi Barry,

Since I discovered the major benefits in using Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders under the spikes of my floor standing Von Schweikert VR4jr speakers, I have experimented with both these or just using Big Fat Dots under the bass cabinet (with the spikes removed) of my speakers.  The results is similar; and the only minor difference I can detect is that when using spikes on top of Cone Spike Decoupling Gliders, there is a touch more air/clarity while with just Big Fat Dots, the sound is a touch more mellow & richer but a tad less air and clarity.  I hope this helps.