L.A. audio show anyone?

dpatters

Re: L.A. audio show anyone?
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2017, 10:33 am »
Not everyone. I've got Joules with AT mid and 12" AT woofer on order. Can't wait to hook them up :drool:
:thumb: :thumb:

MDolphin

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jun 2017, 05:58 am »
The VAPOR room was the class of the LA Show.  Ryan and Pete are back!

EdRo

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jun 2017, 11:45 am »
I haven't seen much about the show guys!!! Someone must have hung out in room 508. Details!!! DETAILS PLEASE!!!
It's tough being stuck in Michigan!

EdRo

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jun 2017, 12:32 pm »
Did anyone do a Tyson/Pez style review of the L.A. show???

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #24 on: 5 Jun 2017, 01:06 pm »
The VAPOR room was the class of the LA Show.  Ryan and Pete are back!

Sure MDolphin...or Ryan if that is your new pseudonym...

pconley2

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jun 2017, 09:17 pm »
Finally, Audio Bacon mentions, or at least shows the Vapor/EMM room, about halfway down the report.

https://audiobacon.net/2017/06/05/los-angeles-audio-show-2017-day-1/

santacore

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jun 2017, 10:26 pm »
I stepped into the Vapor on Sunday. The music was up very loud and the chairs were too close(small room). Overall they sounded good, but I did feel like the tweeter wasn't well integrated. Although it had great detail, it sort of stuck out from the rest of the drivers. I will say the cabinets were beautiful in person.

Between the tweeters, loud level, and a lively conversation in the back of the room, I bailed after 1 song.

EdRo

« Reply #27 on: 6 Jun 2017, 01:59 am »
Hey Santacore, thanks for the note! What time would you say that you visited?

santacore

« Reply #28 on: 6 Jun 2017, 02:07 am »
hard to say, but probably 2-3 ish.

EdRo

« Reply #29 on: 6 Jun 2017, 02:30 am »
Ah yes...the dreaded "time to pack up and drive 16 hours back home" time.

EdRo

« Reply #30 on: 6 Jun 2017, 02:33 am »
I apologize, sir!

EdRo

« Reply #31 on: 6 Jun 2017, 02:46 am »
I wan't there, but I've been there, if you know what I mean.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #32 on: 8 Jun 2017, 10:11 am »
Sure MDolphin...or Ryan if that is your new pseudonym...

MDolphin is a customer waiting on a set of 3 perfect storm monitors who lives in the LA area and who was once a defensive back for the Miami Dolphins (MDolphin).

toddc2

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jun 2017, 11:58 am »
MDolphin is a customer waiting on a set of 3 perfect storm monitors who lives in the LA area and who was once a defensive back for the Miami Dolphins (MDolphin).

Thanks for clearing that up Pete! I admire his continued enthusiasm.

Todd

bajaed

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jun 2017, 12:42 pm »
I may have missed it but what's the scoop on Perfect Storm monitors?

toddc2

« Reply #35 on: 8 Jun 2017, 12:56 pm »
I may have missed it but what's the scoop on Perfect Storm monitors?

Ryan has been working on two sets of PS monitors with centre channels for both MDolphin and the owner of an audio website since sometime in 2015. Pete can correct me if I'm wrong, the info I have is obviously second hand.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #36 on: 8 Jun 2017, 03:46 pm »
The PS monitor is basically the top cabinet of the Perfect Storm, an 8" three way.  One set will be using the custom 8" midrange in the Perfect Storm.  That owner has very capable subs he'll be using to fill in below 120Hz.  The other sets will use a customized version of the Neo motor C220 and provide bass of their own to below 70Hz.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 8 Jun 2017, 05:25 pm »
Pete-

I'm confused.  There are multiple threads, posts etc about Vapor and people waiting on their speakers for 2+ years but you don't address any of that.  How about letting all of us know what the status of Vapor is and the road map?  A little bit of honest communication might go a long way if Vapor is going to continue. 

EdRo

« Reply #38 on: 8 Jun 2017, 11:41 pm »
Hello JTWRace. As far as I know, Vapor is going to continue. Ryan is getting caught up with his backlog, and I'm taking on more of the Aurora/Nimbus duties since I build those cabs. I've had to stop working due to injury, but I'm able to do more every day. I'm very excited about my new prototype, and I have a new construction method worked out for building Aurora and Nimbus that will reduce build times. As far as the builds already in the que, Ryan is able to get more done every day. He has stopped taking orders, as far as I know, to continue to focus on what needs to get done. That's all I can say. I apologize for the extreme delays people have suffered waiting for their speakers, and I want to thank those that have given encouragement to Ryan and his family along this tough path. I can say that things are getting done!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 9 Jun 2017, 12:13 am »
Hello JTWRace. As far as I know, Vapor is going to continue. Ryan is getting caught up with his backlog, and I'm taking on more of the Aurora/Nimbus duties since I build those cabs. I've had to stop working due to injury, but I'm able to do more every day. I'm very excited about my new prototype, and I have a new construction method worked out for building Aurora and Nimbus that will reduce build times. As far as the builds already in the que, Ryan is able to get more done every day. He has stopped taking orders, as far as I know, to continue to focus on what needs to get done. That's all I can say. I apologize for the extreme delays people have suffered waiting for their speakers, and I want to thank those that have given encouragement to Ryan and his family along this tough path. I can say that things are getting done!
While it's nice that you address the post I think it'd be wise for the owner(s) of Vapor to do so.