When will Evolution stream become available?

Larsf333

When will Evolution stream become available?
« on: 27 Oct 2023, 01:21 pm »
In april 2022, the following advice can be seen under subject ‘streamer’:

Otherwise go with Stream-9, but you can also use Stream Mini for now, until Evolution Stream comes out around Oct/November 2022.

But on the nuprime homepage, there is no evolution stream available, and now it is october 2023.

The reason for asking is that I have just acquired a used high-end cd player from another brand.
And to my surprise, most of my old cd’s sound better than the same record played through stream-9 using qobuz streaming. The cd player is only used as transport, and the d/ a conversion in both cases is done by the evolution dac.

I have been using the stream-9 for quite some time, and is generally very satisfied with it. But now it seems that there is room for even better sound.
The question is then, will the evolution stream eventually become available in the future, and is there an estimate for when it will happen?

Kind regards
Lars Fleischer

rustydoglim

Re: When will Evolution stream become available?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2023, 03:20 pm »
Probably mid 2024. A high-end streamer doesn't exist just because we put it in an expensive box. Stream-9 is as good as it gets, for now.

teggehifi

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2024, 05:31 pm »
Hi,

any update on when a Evo streamer will be available?

Andreas

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2024, 08:05 pm »
We plan to demo at The High End show in Munich, Germany from May 9 to 12.  Production shipping probably in July.

teggehifi

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2024, 06:56 pm »
Can you already share a few specs and the price for the device?

Best
Andreas