Recommendation on Interconnection and Speaker cables.

denjo

Re: Recommendation on Interconnection and Speaker cables.
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2007, 03:58 pm »
I use Slinkylinks ftom DAC to pre and pre to power, and the improvements were very significant. A firm believer of the same brand for synergy, I am waiting for the SCs to arrive. I think you should also pay attention to your ac power, ensuring that it is clean. The benefits can be as dramatic as the right cables!

HumanMedia

« Reply #21 on: 2 Nov 2007, 11:52 pm »
I sent two of my Black Sand Violet PCs back to John Cook for retermination with Oyaide P-004 and C-004.
He chose to make up brand new Violets w/ P-004/C-004 to replace my stock Violets.  These have been in place for several weeks on Modwright SWL9.0 Signature (w/ Bendix 6900s, and cryoed Philips 1957 metal base GZ34 in tube rectified power supply and Denon 3930CI universal player, with Oyaide R1 outlets at walls.  The new Violets w/P-004/C-004 have raised the bar over the stock Violets in terms of tone and timbre, detail/resolution, and musicality.  Very worthwhile improvement to my ears.
Interconnects from source to Modwright linestage and Modwright to "Klaus's special boards" Odyssey Mono Extreme SEs are currently second or third white Grover S.  Grover is making me enough of his new carbon/nickel shielded Grover "SC" interconnects to replace all ICs in my system... but they have not arrived yet...
Speaker cables are Grover S bi-wires to Polk SRS-2s, Grover URs to Polk FXi-5s, and Grover SR to center Polk CSi-5.

rlmacklin 

Yes those Oyaide P-004, C-004 and R1 power items (plug, IEC and wall socket) are wonderful.  They are so neutral direct and clean that I'm no longer interested in anything else.  Everything else sounds colored or deficient (including Oyaides other products).

Let us all know how those new Grovers sound with a few hundred hours on them.

tanchiro58

« Reply #22 on: 3 Nov 2007, 12:07 am »
Have you heard about the "Heaven Gates" cable? Friend of mine he said these cables have identical sound as NBS but they are much cheaper.  :thumb:

cwt108

« Reply #23 on: 3 Nov 2007, 05:41 am »
I contacted Dan another day. He suggested au24 for speaker cables and power cords and recommended JPS Superconductor series for IC. I did not have the chance to try JPS IC but got a chance on au24. For now, I am relatively happy with au24 (did not try the power cord yet).

I can summarize my experience like this. Instead I am listening to the system, with au24, I am listening to music now. very comfortable and relaxing neutral tone.

Audio-den

« Reply #24 on: 7 Nov 2007, 04:10 am »
TRY THE NEW Q LINE FROM JPS GREAT CABLE FOR REAL DOLLAR VALUE   ENJOY AL