Song Towers to be built!

robcentola

Song Towers to be built!
« on: 20 Sep 2013, 08:07 pm »
Hey all!

I did it! Just put down my deposit on the Song Towers! Jim was AWESOME to deal with! If anyone is considering these, I can tell you the process is smooth, reliable, professional, and most of all, personal. He helped me and my "painintheass" questions, suggestions and indecisiveness. This is one awesome little speaker company.

I ordered what was left of the curly walnut "fiddleback" They are going to be BEAUTIFUL and girlfriend approved!!!! Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't seen them:

The wait is going to be tough, but Jim said it will be worth it. I believe him!

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!

MikeC78

Re: Song Towers to be built!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm »
Congrats!!  Those are beautiful! 

The wait was quite painful, i know how you feel  However, it is all worth it once you open those boxes and get your ears on them.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2013, 02:01 pm »
 The wait is not bad. Use the time to plan the setup; speaker placement, room treatments, accessories or other system purchases. The time will go by fast, then if you do your planing you will be ready.

Great choice on fiddleback, that will be an impressive speaker!  Congratulations

PSB Guy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2013, 03:41 pm »
Congratulations and welcome to the family. You're gonna love these speakers  :thumb:. A world-class product from a world-class company.

Cornelis

ernest787

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2013, 04:12 pm »
i love that finnish.

I currently own the STRT and use them strictly for music, primarily vinyl.  I've had them for about 4 months and LOVE them.  The problem is that now while watching movies or tv I often wonder how awesome stuff would sound if I had my Salks set up in there.  Of course, I can't give up my listening room so now I'm thinking of ordering a second pair. 

WELCOME TO THE SALK RABBIT HOLE!!!!!

Scoville

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2013, 06:29 pm »
I am at the other end of the order process -- the project tracker just reached final assembly on my Song Towers and anticipation is mounting.  The veneer is white oak tinted to match the trim in my (old) house.  Jim did a great job with the cabinets on small speakers with the same finish I ordered some years back and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the STs.

On the issue of following progress through the Project Tracker -- don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the Project Tracker displays differently on my Mac/Apple machines than on the PCs used in my office -- the PC display is one step ahead (to the right) of the display on the Apple products.  From emails with Jim, it seems that the Apple display is the accurate one.

robcentola

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2013, 09:22 pm »
Thanks everybody!

Yes, I am deep in the rabbit hole. Very deep. It's the first thing I think of when I wake and the last when I sleep.

The wait is tough. However, it took me six times as long to decide what I was going to get. That includes finally deciding on the Peachtree220 and Nova Pre (They arrived yesterday!). So, waiting six weeks or so is par for my pace in doing things. I believe I made wise choices and even my girlfriend is excited. Actually, I think she's excited that my obsession is slowing down; little does she know.........

My amp and pre amp are sitting on shelves all alone and begging to drive the Song Towers. It almost hurts.

So unbelievably happy to be here!

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2013, 09:34 pm »
those look freaking sweet....!

screener

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2013, 12:08 pm »
Great looking Song Tower. Enjoy 8)

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2013, 12:46 pm »
Congrats, robcentola!

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2013, 02:05 pm »
Hi,

I like the 'curly walnut fiddelback veneer' and it will sound as good it looks.  I'm currently waiting on my speakers to be finished and I can't wait.

Cheers Rod

robcentola

« Reply #11 on: 3 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm »
Still at the "deposit" stage :(. I know, I know. In time. Maybe that tracker isn't updated often. Let's hope. My amp is lonely.

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2013, 09:13 am »
Hi,

My speakers are finished and should be shipped on Friday.  They do have to travel 18 000 kilometres though.  The speakers were completed a lot faster because I'm using the old aurum cantus g2 ribbon tweeter and Jim had a spare cabinet and xover so most of the work was done.

Good luck with the purchase.

Cheers Rod

robcentola

« Reply #13 on: 4 Oct 2013, 04:13 pm »
Rod- Lucky you! What's going to be driving those beauties?

broom1998

« Reply #14 on: 4 Oct 2013, 04:32 pm »

My Subwoofer is getting ready to ship, in final inspection.  :D

fsimms

« Reply #15 on: 4 Oct 2013, 11:24 pm »
Wow! Great picture!  :thumb:

This picture sure takes the delivery picture price.   :lol:

Bob

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #16 on: 5 Oct 2013, 03:25 am »
Broom - are you sweeping Madison Square Garden with those?

Rocket

« Reply #17 on: 5 Oct 2013, 05:47 am »
Hi,

I bought a pair of Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks a couple of years ago in anticipation that I'd be able to upgrade to the HT3 speaker.  I can't afford the Soundscape 8's and the HT3 will definitely be my last pair of speakers.  Don't think I'm rich Jim sold me the older version HT3 which uses the aurum cantus G2 and was $1000US than the new raal version.

Its a pity your in the US I have a mint condition Son of Ampzilla sitting in my attic which I wanted to sell for about $1500AU.  There is a belles 150A hot rod going for $650US in the trading post if your interested.

Cheers Rod

broom1998

« Reply #18 on: 5 Oct 2013, 04:42 pm »
Broom - are you sweeping Madison Square Garden with those?

Jim did say in his email I would need some help moving it around.

robcentola

« Reply #19 on: 10 Oct 2013, 03:39 pm »
Panels are glued! Nice :)