Kitchen Faucet Brand Recommendation

Doublej

Kitchen Faucet Brand Recommendation
« on: 16 Oct 2016, 03:51 pm »
My Pfister kitchen faucet died after 3 years. What's a good brand these days?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Kitchen Faucet Brand Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2016, 04:05 pm »
I have had the Delta touch faucets in both of my houses over the last five years and they have performed perfectly without issue.  Easy to install as well.

George

syzygy

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2016, 04:06 pm »
Have had problems with Grohe, both in kitchen and bath. I recommend against their products.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2016, 04:28 pm »
Delta has a lifetime guarantee for consumers (5 years for commercial).

I have a Delta series 400 standard kitchen faucet now approaching 20 years in use.  The first warranty service was for a rebuild kit and an aerator, the second recent one was for the sprayer hose.

What was remarkable was the fulfillment of the warranty.  Both times a relatively quick phone call had the parts delivered to me in several days.  No return of the faucet or parts was required, not even photos, just the model number of the faucet.

And when I subsequently had a small problem with the installation of the replacement sprayer hose, tech help was again only a quick phone call away for resolution.

I really can't consider any other brand, at least as a homeowner.

Steve

Don_S

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2016, 04:39 pm »
The brand name is not the only important thing to consider.  The level of the faucet in the brand lineup is also important. 

A few years ago I remodeled both bathrooms and replaced the kitchen faucet. Home Depot had mostly garbage in the store.  Cheaply made with chrome-plated plastic. Then I went to Home Depot online and found the same brands with a higher level available.  I purchased two Moen bath faucets and a Kohler kitchen faucet and I am very happy with both.  Before I took them out of the box I was impressed.  All the faucets were noticeably heavier than their in-store counterparts. There was some serious metal there. The fit and finish was excellent.

As a bonus, more colors were available.  I picked the Kohler for the style and the "biscuit" color.

decal

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2016, 05:42 pm »
How much do you want to spend?

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2016, 06:35 pm »
It's one of those I will spend a reasonable amount to get something that will last. I don't want to spend $1k for a faucet unless I really have to. If spending a couple hundred extra gets me something that will last longer, it's worth it to me.

I'll should be able to do this one myself but I hate plumbing work. So future plumbing avoidance is worth a bunch to me.

« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2022, 12:34 pm by Doublej »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:33 pm »
My Pfister kitchen faucet died after 3 years. What's a good brand these days?

What are you looking for configuration-wise? Sprayer, high arch design, touch control, water control separate?  That's probably your first step. Then there's finish...chrome, nickel, etc.

Generally I recommend Moen, Delta, American Standard. Kohler has a good reputation and products, but I've been less than pleased with their backup a couple of times, but that may have been luck of the draw. Parts availability in the future should be good. When it comes to faucets, ordering and waiting a month to receive parts isn't  the kind of thing people love. A good quality no frills faucet will go from around $250 on up. You don't need to spend a grand unless you want to.

I often steer people away from home centers. They stock what sells, not necessarily what's good. It's a business after all and high quality is not typically their wheelhouse.

Here's a place you can nose around to see what's available and the service is great should you decide to order. You can winnow your search down to whatever parameters you deem important.

https://www.build.com/kitchen-faucets/c108514

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:38 pm »
A few years back, I bought a Glacier Bay from Home Depot.
Seems it was a "special" unit made for HD that has since been discontinued and you can no longer buy parts for.
Just a couple hours ago, I "pushed the button" on the purchase of a replacement unit.
Not real happy that I'm unable to spend $20 and repair the one I have.  :?

ACHiPo

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:46 pm »
When we remodeled our kitchen I bought Waterstone based on reviews and the look/feel.  They are expensive, but solidly built, and my rationalization was that the kitchen faucet gets used about as much as anything in the house--might as well get something we love (yes, SWMBO did say "Have you lost your mind?  It's just a freakin' faucet!") :lol:
This is the one we got three years ago and I continue to love it.  We also got the Waterstone instant hot water heater.  Look around and you can get it for a lower price, but they're still toward the top end.

Waterstone Pulldown Faucet

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:51 pm »
A few years back, I bought a Glacier Bay from Home Depot.
Seems it was a "special" unit made for HD that has since been discontinued and you can no longer buy parts for.
Just a couple hours ago, I "pushed the button" on the purchase of a replacement unit.
Not real happy that I'm unable to spend $20 and repair the one I have.  :?

Glacier Bay is an HD house brand. I haven't been impressed...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:54 pm »
Glacier Bay is an HD house brand. I haven't been impressed...
I did not know that. That explains the 'hits' for part numbers of repair components kept bringing up HD websites.
But yea... I'm not impressed either.

rpf

« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2016, 07:56 pm »
Holy Mother of God!  :o

What he said.

Moen. Also has a lifetime parts warranty. Reasonably priced, good styles, and well made. The big box stores used to have cheaper versions of both Moen and Delta (ex., plastic parts substituted for metal): they claim they're now the same but I'd double check or just go to a plumbing supply house.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2016, 08:02 pm »
DELTA

vinyl_lady

« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2016, 08:22 pm »
Moen. Lifetime warranty

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #16 on: 16 Oct 2016, 08:25 pm »
Look for "true" commercial faucets, like T & S or Chicago. 

But the problem with "real" commercial faucets is finding one in anything but polished chrome.

mcgsxr

« Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2016, 11:36 am »
I am happy 4 years later with a Grohe in our kitchen.

I installed shower units in 2 bathrooms since then.  I did use American Standard mixing valves in those bathrooms though, for the warrantee and ease of parts replacement and availability.   

I like their faucets and spray heads etc. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm »
Very reliable - and fashionable as well!

ACHiPo

« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm »
Very reliable - and fashionable as well!

:lol: :thumb: