FS: MHDT Havana DAC $650 * sold *

jrebman

FS: MHDT Havana DAC $650 * sold *
« on: 22 Oct 2009, 11:26 pm »
Sold.

Selling off my entire digital rig, including this DAC, ART Legato async  USB-spdif converter, KCI Pegasus digital cable and .5m KCI Silkworm IC.

This is a great NOS dac and has served me extremely well.  No complaints at all but I'm moving to a direct USB async dac and need to sell all of this in order to do that.

The Havana is, with the included mid 1950s Ericcson gold pin 2C51, the best NOS dac I've ever owned, bar none.  It's got it all -- tone, texture, dynamics, and an overall smoothness that has to be heard.  With the Legato (which runs the Wavelength Streamlength code on the USB receiver) and the KCI Pegasus digital cable, this becomes world-class digital.

Dac has been lovingly cared for and has been modified with a BNC for the spdif input, by Wayne at Boulder Cable.  There is also the optical input as well as the original USB input for a total of 3.  Other than put the Ericcson in it, and the BNC, there was really nothing else I thought was worthwhile modifying on this unit.

For an extra $50 I'll throw in an excellent Red Bank 2c51, and for those interested in possibly buying the Havana, Legato, and Pegasus, I'll come up with a package price.

Again, this is so far the most wonderful digital setup I've ever had, but I'm really sold on the direct async usb thing and want to simplify down to one dac, one power cord, and one set of ICs.

Thanks,

Jim
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2009, 07:21 pm by jrebman »

rpf

Re: FS: MHDT Havana DAC $650 ship/PP incl.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2009, 12:54 am »
Jim,

You have a PM.

Rob