What is BDP-1 Error Code 09?

Mag

Re: What is BDP-1 Error Code 09?
« Reply #40 on: 2 Oct 2013, 02:24 am »
Got the dreaded 09 code. :(

Determined the problem was with my wireless router.

First the BDP-1 wouldn't power down so I unplugged it then plugged it back in. Still 09, then restarted computer, still no go. So then I shut the BDP-1 off and rebooted the wireless router for the 3rd time until all the lights were green. Then I powered up the BDP-1 and reset password and Network settings, and I'm good to go. :D

Robin1

« Reply #41 on: 6 Dec 2013, 08:26 pm »
09 error code
haven't had the BDP1 on for 2 weeks
turned on this cold cold morning and get the 09 error code
tried Buds idea ....unplugging the drives until after initialling is finished and during
same drives for over a year 2 wd 500g      never a problem
Tried Mags idea rebooting router.....unplugged the power to the bdp1
even with no drives plugged in
still error 09
It's really cold here without my bdp1
Robin

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #42 on: 6 Dec 2013, 09:39 pm »
09 error code
haven't had the BDP1 on for 2 weeks
turned on this cold cold morning and get the 09 error code
tried Buds idea ....unplugging the drives until after initialling is finished and during
same drives for over a year 2 wd 500g      never a problem
Tried Mags idea rebooting router.....unplugged the power to the bdp1
even with no drives plugged in
still error 09
It's really cold here without my bdp1
Robin

Hi Robin

09 means it is not connecting to the motherboard.

Chris may have to comment on the cure.

james

Robin1

« Reply #43 on: 7 Dec 2013, 07:33 pm »
thanks James
will wait to hear from Chris
Robin

Xinon

« Reply #44 on: 7 Dec 2013, 07:51 pm »
I dont dear to turn the Bdp1 off , because of the 09 error . It is struggle to turn it back on.
Have to try 5-6 times sometimes to get it back into working condition .
Is it a software/firmware problem ?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #45 on: 9 Dec 2013, 04:15 pm »
Hi Guys,

The error 09 means that the microprocessor that turns the power supply on/off and controls the buttons/display on the front of the unit hasn't received any communication from the mainboard within two minutes of power being applied.  If you get error 09 you should turn the unit off, then back on and pay attention to your DAC.  If your DAC is receiving signal from the BDP before the error 09 message appears then its likely a loose cable inside your system.  The serial cable in a BDP-1 is a ten pin grey ribbon cable to runs from the front of the unit to the mainboard, just behind the RS232 port on the rear.  A BDP-2 uses a cable made of five individual wires (red, blue, green, black and brown; please keep in mind I'm colour blind so I may have those colours wrong), we have had one occasion that i can recall where one of the wires had  broken from the connector.

If the DAC isn't receiving lock/signal then either the BDP is trying to boot from another source (another drive), doesn't have enough power to POST or the BDP's internal CF card (Kingston or Apacer) is no longer functioning.  To determine which is the case, whether it be the drives/power or the cf card, unplug all the drives from the BDP and try powering it on.  If the error continues you will need to either follow the instructions list below, or if your unable to do so we can make arrangements for repair.

BDP Reimage CF Card on Mac OS X(PDF)
BDP Reimage CF Card on Windows (PDF)

Cheers,
Chris

Robin1

« Reply #46 on: 9 Dec 2013, 08:16 pm »
yikes......been so long that I've listened to a cd.....just tried my cd player it's not working as well
and you're right the dac is not seeing either the bdp-1 or my cd player
the dac is bda1......checked all cables .....everything appears okay   ???

Robin1

« Reply #47 on: 9 Dec 2013, 08:36 pm »
sorry Chris......cd player and bda1 are fine
will have a look inside bdp1

Robin1

« Reply #48 on: 9 Dec 2013, 09:00 pm »
thank you Chris so much
the cf card was loose.....reseat
the world is okay again   :)

Robin

hardyuzir

« Reply #49 on: 14 Nov 2018, 07:30 am »
Hi Guys,

The error 09 means that the microprocessor that turns the power supply on/off and controls the buttons/display on the front of the unit hasn't received any communication from the mainboard within two minutes of power being applied.  If you get error 09 you should turn the unit off, then back on and pay attention to your DAC.  If your DAC is receiving signal from the BDP before the error 09 message appears then its likely a loose cable inside your system.  The serial cable in a BDP-1 is a ten pin grey ribbon cable to runs from the front of the unit to the mainboard, just behind the RS232 port on the rear.  A BDP-2 uses a cable made of five individual wires (red, blue, green, black and brown; please keep in mind I'm colour blind so I may have those colours wrong), we have had one occasion that i can recall where one of the wires had  broken from the connector.

If the DAC isn't receiving lock/signal then either the BDP is trying to boot from another source (another drive), doesn't have enough power to POST or the BDP's internal CF card (Kingston or Apacer) is no longer functioning.  To determine which is the case, whether it be the drives/power or the cf card, unplug all the drives from the BDP and try powering it on.  If the error continues you will need to either follow the instructions list below, or if your unable to do so we can make arrangements for repair.

Cheers,
Chris

I have the same problem....
I applied the steps in the list and I think I need a cable which seen on picture. Dac lock to the signal while it starts...
Shuld I request from you or Is there a name that is known on the market?

kllim1972

« Reply #50 on: 29 Jun 2019, 10:42 am »
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris

I have the same problem. Came back after a 2 week holiday and turned on my BDP-1 got a error 9.
When initializing, my BDA-1 is locked. Opened up the BDP-1 and looked at the serial cable it wasn’t loose or anything amiss. Tried replacing the CR2032 battery as well and didn’t work.

Before the holidays I just updated to the latest firmware and it was still working fine.

Any suggestion of next steps to investigate?

Many thanks
KL

BigGeek

« Reply #51 on: 29 Jun 2019, 10:28 pm »
Ive been having the same issue. Everything was fine then suddenly my Bdp-2 stopped reading the hard drive properly. Tried other hard drives. Checked connections inside including CF card and changed the watch battery. No dice.

Looks fine with no hard drive  attached. BDA_3 locks on just fine. No error message. Starting with drive attached yields error sometimes. If I attach after boot it won’t read hard drives at all. Makes mechanical drives click in odd ways. SSD gives me nothing.

What gives?  Looks like I will be sending it in on Monday.

NHSkier

« Reply #52 on: 30 Jun 2019, 01:05 am »
Perhaps a corrupted drive table? I've had that issue with a Salk Streamplayer II after a power outage (hard shutdown).