Is Dave out of business??

gnev

« on: 22 Jun 2005, 12:28 am »
ellisaudio web site isn't working and he hasn't returned emails.

I was going to build an 1801b.

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2005, 04:34 pm »
I doubt it.  If a company goes, the last thing it's worried about is shutting down their website.  Sounds like a server problem to me.  If it's down for a week, then I'd wonder.  Look at Meadowlark's site - still up and running.  The company?  Not so much.  And, for instance, if my server goes down, so does my e-mail.  Have you called him?   If you don't have the number, google search the site, then hit the "cached" button to bring up the pages you need.

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2005, 04:37 pm »
Like this:

Telephone
(402)991-8528
Postal address as of July 1, 2003
David Ellis
         2103 Pilgrim Drive
         Bellevue, NE 68123

brj

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2005, 04:45 pm »
I wonder if a deadline to renew ownership of his internet domain name was missed for some reason...

Ron Stewart

• http://home.hiwaay.net/~rgs/
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2005, 06:36 pm »
Someone mentioned the web site problem on the Madisound board, and this is a direct quote from Dave's reply (dated June 20):

Yep, my website is moving to another server and the index.htm page needs to be refreshed. This should happen tomorrow.

It looks like the "should happen tomorrow" part didn't work out.

I also thought that Dave's job was going to require him to leave town periodically for two-week periods (or something like that). That may explain why he's not returning email messages.

Ron

rmihai0

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2005, 07:24 pm »
Dave is and won't be out of business without letting the community know before. He is not the kind of guy that just dissapear all of a suden.

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
Serious Logistical Issues
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2005, 03:27 am »
Thanks for the concern guys.  I am not out of business.  First and foremost, my wife will convey with confidence that businesses actually make money  :)  .  She is of course fundamentally correct.  However, I have not lost my zest for building speakers.  However, I am in the middle of some spam induced server moving.

My email is currently down while my web server and email move to another location.  I'll continue to USE www.amhosting.com for my hosting.  They are great guys!!  However, there are some hooks that need to be fixed.  I should have time to repair the issues tomorrow.  I won't make any promises though.  These issues are far beyond my level of knowledge or control.  However, I should have time during the day to address these issues tomorrow.

Basically, I was getting 1000-2000 pieces of spam email per week  :evil: , and my current email & web server was antiquated.  It had little/no accomodations for spam filtering :nono: .  The new server allegedly is much better in this regard.  If it actually works, I'll be overjoyed  :D  .  I really think anyone who profits from spam email should be prosecuted.  I know there is a can-spam act, but there is apparantly very little enforcement.  Or, there are very serious holes in the law.

Anyhow, I am sorry for the down time.  My site & email will hopefully return very soon.  For now, the lack of email is okay.  I am getting a bunch accomplished in the basement & workshop.  I am very overdue on a Gent's speakers from SoCal  :oops:  .

and...

It looks like the "should happen tomorrow" part didn't work out.

I did get some snippets accomplished, but for some reason my server settings are now totally whacked.  As mentioned above, I should have time to get these web server gents on the telphone tomorrow.  I generally don't like to do this, but I really do need their time.

Dave