My visit with vintagebob

K Shep

Re: My visit with vintagebob
« Reply #40 on: 2 Feb 2010, 01:27 am »
I read that K Shep is already planning to bring his CJ tubed preamp. I have a Blue circle tubed preamp I could also bring. I would be very interested in the comparisons to the CJ and Bob's AVA SS preamp. Maybe we could do a single-blind preamp test :)

The more the merrier, unless my CJ doesn't perform then I am jumping out the window!  :duh:

Good thing Bob's house is at ground level.

stew

« Reply #41 on: 2 Feb 2010, 06:50 am »
ditto for my BC gear :) hopefully, it'll be a matter of taste, not "performance" per se :)

K Shep

« Reply #42 on: 2 Feb 2010, 07:01 pm »
ditto for my BC gear hopefully, it'll be a matter of taste.

Or you may going home with AVA, I may be going home with BC and vintage may end up with a CJ preamp.  :green:

K Shep

« Reply #43 on: 2 Feb 2010, 07:09 pm »
I will start with a list of current members interested in the gathering.

vintagebob
K Shep
Stylus
luckyrolls
cacophony777
writeface
stew
ttsaki
low.profile

The event will be held in San Jose near the 85/101 junction on March 6th.  Details will be added as the event grows nearer.

If you're interested post or PM and we will add you to the list, all are invited.
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2010, 06:29 am by K Shep »

Stylus

« Reply #44 on: 5 Feb 2010, 04:31 pm »
Hey guys, any idea of when we'll kick things off on Saturday?  My wife and I are going to stay in the City that night and go catch dinner and see whoever is playing Yoshi's that night and just want to plan accordingly.

vintagebob

« Reply #45 on: 5 Feb 2010, 04:54 pm »
Hey guys, any idea of when we'll kick things off on Saturday?  My wife and I are going to stay in the City that night and go catch dinner and see whoever is playing Yoshi's that night and just want to plan accordingly.

We don't have a time yet.  What works for you?

Stylus

« Reply #46 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:22 pm »
My preference would be late morning/early afternoon, but whatever works out for the group.

I don't know the exact time of the show, but we'll want dinner first so I am guessing we'll need to get up to the City by early evening.

vintagebob

« Reply #47 on: 5 Feb 2010, 10:04 pm »
My preference would be late morning/early afternoon, but whatever works out for the group.

I don't know the exact time of the show, but we'll want dinner first so I am guessing we'll need to get up to the City by early evening.

I'll split the difference with you and suggest 12:00 as the time.  Let me know if this a problem for anyone that wants to attend.

Stylus

« Reply #48 on: 5 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm »
I'll split the difference with you and suggest 12:00 as the time.  Let me know if this a problem for anyone that wants to attend.
That works for me  :)

K Shep

« Reply #49 on: 8 Feb 2010, 03:17 pm »
The festivities will begin at Noon.

vintagebob

« Reply #50 on: 26 Feb 2010, 12:30 am »
Those of you that wish to attend our Bay Area GTG on March 6th, please send me a PM and I will provide you with my address and cell phone number.

As a reminder, the GTG will begin around Noon on Saturday, March 6th. 

K Shep

« Reply #51 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:44 am »
PM sent!

taoggniklat

« Reply #52 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:25 am »
Those of you that wish to attend our Bay Area GTG on March 6th, please send me a PM and I will provide you with my address and cell phone number.

As a reminder, the GTG will begin around Noon on Saturday, March 6th. 

I certainly "wish" I could come, but it is a bit far. :) Sounds like fun.

vintagebob

« Reply #53 on: 26 Feb 2010, 05:31 am »
I certainly "wish" I could come, but it is a bit far. :) Sounds like fun.

It would be great to have you here again!  You'll have to organize something in your neck of the woods.

GBB

« Reply #54 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:47 pm »
Hi everyone - I just sent PM to vintagebob.  I stumbled across this thread and think it's a great idea to have a Bay Area get together.  You might also think about putting a link to this thread in the Norcal circle so that a wider audience hears about this.
Thanks,
---Gary

Sonny

« Reply #55 on: 27 Feb 2010, 01:04 am »
If there is room, I'd love to come!
Please let me know!
Thanks
T

vintagebob

« Reply #56 on: 1 Mar 2010, 03:38 pm »
People who sent me a PM so far:

K Shep
Vintagebob
Stylus
stew
GBB
ttsakai
Sonny
writeface?
haw1144?
eweitzman?

Equipment so far:

Conrad Johnson CT5 Preamp
Blue Circle tube preamp
Ayre USB DAC
Benchmark DAC?
DIY cables
MIT Shotgun MA speaker cables

Come on Stylus, you know you want to bring those SongTowers.  ; )

« Last Edit: 2 Mar 2010, 06:15 pm by vintagebob »

Stylus

« Reply #57 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:13 pm »
Come on Stylus, you know you want to bring those SongTowers.  ; )
Ha, I actually would like to bring them, a side-by-side with the HT2's would very interesting.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to leave the gear at home.  We are going to stay in the City that night, and leaving the gear in the car overnight does not seem like a good idea.

BTW, my wife is going to be with me, anyone else bringing their better half?  :|

vintagebob

« Reply #58 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:20 pm »
Ha, I actually would like to bring them, a side-by-side with the HT2's would very interesting.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to leave the gear at home.  We are going to stay in the City that night, and leaving the gear in the car overnight does not seem like a good idea.

BTW, my wife is going to be with me, anyone else bringing their better half?  :|

I wouldn't want my gear left in my car overnight.  :o

I'll ask my GF if she wants to join us...

Stylus

« Reply #59 on: 1 Mar 2010, 04:29 pm »
If I am going to be the only one, I might see if she wants to go to a movie or something.  That should win me some points  :lol: