Power Cord shootout on my Modwright Transporter: Acrolink, LessLoss, & TelWire

ckline

• Tel Wire
Hi guys,

Actually the cord that is currently being passed around is not really a demo but off my preamp so I will need it back in the near future. My analog front-end is in a state of flux, sp10 waiting for a real (slate) plinth, so I was able to move things around temporarily. I would probably have some demos but I have only had one return in the year they have been out and that was sucked up right away by a reviewer.

I do offer a 30 day money back trial and will throw on my cable cooker prior to it going out so you don’t spend a lot of time burning it in.

arthurs

Mine didn't go back....   :thumb:

rydenfan

Chris, thanks so much for posting here  :thumb: 30 day trial is more than enough time to listen to the cord in your system.

ckline

• Tel Wire
I am glad you are liking it Art : :green: and thank you Dave for the great review :green: it is always awesome to have people appreciate your work :!:

John Ryder

Upon first placing it into my system that was an instant ease of listening that I had not felt before. It was as if a bit of edge had been removed that I did not even though it was there. I liken this feeling to stepping outside in the Spring after the Winter and taking what feels like the first breath of fresh air you have experienced in a great while. A bit of an over exaggeration, but you get the idea   This cord was an extremely quite backround and is completely tonally balanced from top to bottom. I felt like there was an air on the top end and instruments extended further in to space then before. I went first to that MMW track where I felt that bit of problems with the LessLoss and it sounded very different now. I could clearly hear each instrument not only in detail but also what felt like their proper spacing. I had the sensation of feeling like I understood where each member was placed within the studio while recording the track. Obviously I have no idea whether there is a shred of truth to that statement, but it was still a nice feeling   It really gave a holographic feel to the soundstage.

:roll:
It always amazes me how the mind can play such expensive tricks on people...when will folks stop believing such rubbish and quit giving the voodoo cable companies their hard earned money?

Seriously people..you REALLY think a 4-5 foot POWER CABLE can make sound more "holographic"...more 3D...or have "beter spacing"??  Seriously??

CatchMeIfYouCan

Seriously people..you REALLY think a 4-5 foot POWER CABLE can make sound more "holographic"...more 3D...or have "beter spacing"??  Seriously??

Yes, and those who can't hear the difference are either having a low-resolution setup or sufferring from hearing defect.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.

:roll:
It always amazes me how the mind can play such expensive tricks on people...when will folks stop believing such rubbish and quit giving the voodoo cable companies their hard earned money?

John,
You must realize that calling the folks out on this thread, and saying they are stupid and believing in rubbish...will get you nowhere but booted.  Please don't be rude.  Seriously!

BTW, it's "better spacing".

brj

John, there are constructive, useful ways of offering a dissenting opinion, but your post was not such an example.  CatchMeIfYouCan, your rebuttal did not especially help matters.

Relevant, constructive comments voiced with the understanding that other members may have different preferences are always welcome.  Personal attacks and rants are not.  Further posts of this type will be culled in order to preserve the thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

co-facilitator, Critic's Circle

anthony a.

Yes, and those who can't hear the difference are either having a low-resolution setup or sufferring from hearing defect.

hahaha, best post ever. :lol:  of course you can't hear a difference if you're using your logitech pc speakers as your "reference". :banghead: