Anyone else notice the speaker in last night's "Invasio

aggielaw

God bless Tivo!  Tonight I watched the Nov. 30 episode of "Invasion."  At one point, the sheriff is walking through his house, and (I believe) next to a stairwell was a beautiful floorstanding speaker.  It was maple or beech in color, three midwoofers (looked like 5and a half or six and a half inch midwoofers), a small grey midrange driver just above the midwoofers (2 incher, maybe?) and a ribbon tweeter just above the midrange driver.  Very beautiful speaker, and one I've seen as I've surfed around the net lately.  I have no hope of remembering which manufacturer it was from, though.  Anyone else see the speaker or have a recording of the show to give me ideas?

Thanks! :)

RichardS

« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2005, 01:32 pm »
Yeah, I noticed it too. Just goes to show that it's those possessed by aliens that care about high-end audio.
The producer or director must be an audiophile, though it certainly wasn't placed for optimum sound.
My first impression was of Lumenwhite speakers, but they don't use ribbons. Not sure what they are.

ScottMayo

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2005, 02:19 pm »
Quote from: RichardS
Yeah, I noticed it too. Just goes to show that it's those possessed by aliens that care about high-end audio.

I confess. I'm from a small planet in the neighborhood of eta Ceti, and I bought the RM/x speakers because I got homesick, and they remind me of the members of the Alien High Council, staring down at me with their single, unblinking eye.

(No idea what speakers you saw, sorry.)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2005, 04:01 pm »
There are a few shows/movies that have some nice audio gear in them.

Friends - Martin Logan speakers
Tumb Raider - ClearAudio Master Reference turntable
As Good As It Gets - McIntosh electronics

There are many more but I cannot recall which movies they are.

jgubman

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2005, 04:05 pm »
I caught a brief look at it, I thought it was either a lumenwhite:
http://www.lumenwhite.com/whiteflame_large.htm

or avalon:
http://www.avalonacoustics.com/ceram.html