VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair

elg2001

VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair
« on: 29 Jan 2007, 04:11 pm »
Hi,
   My DAC and powersupply are in-transit, and I can't wait to get them! :)
   In the future, I'll be using the balanced output feature of the VDA-2, but it uses regular un-balanced RCA outputs to create a balanced XLR output using the VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair. Does anyone know exactly how this VRX-1 cable works?
   I'm very interested in learning the nitty-gritty about how this setup works. It'll help me understand a bit better how the inner workings of the VDA-2 DAC function. :)

Thanks.

CIAudio

Re: VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2007, 04:50 pm »
My DAC and powersupply are in-transit, and I can't wait to get them!
   In the future, I'll be using the balanced output feature of the VDA-2, but it uses regular un-balanced RCA outputs to create a balanced XLR output using the VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair. Does anyone know exactly how this VRX-1 cable works?
   I'm very interested in learning the nitty-gritty about how this setup works. It'll help me understand a bit better how the inner workings of the VDA-2 DAC function.

Nothing complicated here...
An XLR has 3 pins; plus phase, minus phase, and ground.

on VDA-2, the plus phase and ground are on one RCA, the minus phase and ground are on the other. VRX-1 just connects these outputs to an XLR connector, enabling a true balanced output.

elg2001

Re: VRX•1 Balanced Cable Pair
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2007, 05:33 pm »
Well that's pretty nifty. I can't wait until I get my balanced preamp so I can try that out.

Thanks Dusty :)