Lorelei speakers SOLD

RezIndie

Lorelei speakers SOLD
« on: 28 Sep 2018, 10:29 pm »
I'm parting with my beloved Lorelei speakers. What can I say about these speakers that hasn't already been said? They are exceptional and redefine "best in class." I remember when I first bought them, I was concerned about bass response, and Klaus and I went back and forth on the topic. He told me if I wan't happy with the bass, he would take them back, no questions ask. I mean, how could a 6.8", single driver, produce the bass I wanted?? As soon as I got them, I put on Bjork's Hyper Ballad and it rattled the windows in my place - it was unreal! Friends would ask where I was hiding the sub, neighbors hated me, cats and dogs hid in fear - truly a love affair.

But, I made a system change, and now these remarkable speakers need a new home. They are in very good condition, save for two marks on the top of one speaker. The cat decided to try and get on top of them, he failed. The color is close in some, but it is hard to get a really good rendering with an iPhone as you really can't control the exposure. I'm happy to take more photos if you wish. 

Speakers are sold.
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2018, 08:56 pm by RezIndie »

RezIndie

Re: Lorelei speakers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2018, 01:07 pm »
Dropping the price to $1500

RezIndie

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:34 pm »
Price drop to $1200, about as low as I can go on these :)

RezIndie

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2018, 08:48 pm »
Dropping the price to $1000, not including PP fee (3%) or shipping. Happy to ship via Southwest cargo, UPS, etc. You can also pick-up in San Francisco, or I can meet someplace mutually convenient!

cliffy

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2018, 12:57 am »
Please check your PM.

B5uy

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2018, 12:08 pm »
Paul, just sent you an email.  If still available i am very interested. I thought you had sold since i didnt get a reply to my last inquiry.  In any event, good luck. 

RezIndie

Re: Lorelei speakers SOLD
« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2018, 09:00 pm »
Speakers are sold.

I set them up this morning for the buyer to hear them, and was again blown away by them. Was honestly sad to pack them up. I don't have the room for two sets of speakers, but if I did, I would have kept them.

The sound stage on the Lorelei's was honestly amazing, now I'm going to have to play around with my new speakers to try and recreate what I heard this morning. Huge bass, too! My new speakers are not ported, so they honestly work better in my room (it's an odd size/shape) with bass. But damn, that soundstage...

No doubt the best price to performance ratio I've heard in HiFi.

cliffy

Re: Lorelei speakers SOLD
« Reply #7 on: 7 Nov 2018, 01:36 am »
Thanks again Paul!

They do sound good. I still need to spend some time redoing my setup to fully integrate them.

It’s been hard not to “crank them up”, they really are amazing.