vmps larger question

CornellAlum

vmps larger question
« on: 9 Jul 2005, 11:46 pm »
I would like to replace the internal wire to something silver.  Any reccomendations and places to look for bulk wire that is great sounding?

Any pointers on doing this next weekend?

Thanks!

JoshK

vmps larger question
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2005, 12:42 am »
You sure you want to do that?  I have played around a bit with external wire types and I don't really care for silver on the RM40s.  Sure the highs and lows are nice but it takes all the warmth and naturalness out of the mids.  YMMV.

CornellAlum

vmps larger question
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2005, 12:45 am »
Well, I am sure I want to do something.  I know the monster wire in there is inferior to the rest of my system, which is entirely bolder nitro wire, so I was thinking something silver would be closest to what I am use to.  I don't want to ask Wayne to sell me bare nitro.

D----

doug s.

• makin' music
vmps larger question
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2005, 05:07 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
You sure you want to do that?  I have played around a bit with external wire types and I don't really care for silver on the RM40s.  Sure the highs and lows are nice but it takes all the warmth and naturalness out of the mids.  YMMV.

isn't the question referring to larger subwoofers?

doug s.

Marbles

vmps larger question
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2005, 05:24 pm »
Quote from: CornellAlum
Well, I am sure I want to do something.  I know the monster wire in there is inferior to the rest of my system, which is entirely bolder nitro wire, so I was thinking something silver would be closest to what I am use to.  I don't want to ask Wayne to sell me bare nitro.

D----

Wayne rewired the insides of more than a few speakers for me with Nitro.

Since he already has a larger, he can make the wire harnes for you properly terminated, so hookup should be a breeze.

Just be sitting when he gives you the quote  :wink:

CornellAlum

vmps larger question
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2005, 06:01 pm »
My 626r's are wired internally with Nitro and sound stunning.  I would love to go that way with the sub, but it is the "sitting" situation which I am trying to avoid.  I was hoping I could do this myself for a lot less.  I wonder what's in Nitro wire that makes it so pricey...hmm :peek:

Bingenito

vmps larger question
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2005, 06:26 pm »
I am not a fan of silver for bass.

VH Audio Bulk Power Cord and Pulsar Wire for $5.99 a ft would work great.

http://www.venhaus1.com/VH_Audio_Test.html

Marbles

vmps larger question
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2005, 06:45 pm »
When I was at Ehiders a few months ago, I listened to some great Gregg Straley speaker wire.  I don't think that is very expensive.  I don't know how to get a hold of Gregg though.  He does live near Chicago if anyone knows how to reach him.

Bolder M80 speaker wire would be pretty reasonable as well.

_scotty_

vmps larger question
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2005, 08:30 pm »
A search of the AC database turned up his Email address.
greggstraley@yahoo.com.
Scotty

Marbles

vmps larger question
« Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2005, 09:09 pm »
Quote from: _scotty_
A search of the AC database turned up his Email address.
greggstraley@yahoo.com.
Scotty

Good job Scott, THANKS!!!