Super Bowl LVI

Philip J Fry

Re: Super Bowl LVI
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2022, 03:53 am »
Except for 95% of the commercials and the half time show, I thought it was a very entertaining Super Bowl. Nice to see #9 and #99 get their rings.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2022, 10:20 am »
Very good game and congratulations to the Rams.
I think the Bengals will be back.

Craig B

« Reply #22 on: 14 Feb 2022, 12:12 pm »
It was a rare good Super Bowl game, in keeping with the quality of this season's playoffs.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2022, 01:22 pm »
It was a rare good Super Bowl game, in keeping with the quality of this season's playoffs.

Good, but not great game.

The previous two rounds of the playoffs were epic!

George

jd3

« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2022, 02:01 pm »
As a Lions fan for 60 years, I'm glad Stafford got a ring.   Still hoping the Lions make the Super Bowl before I'm gone, but since I've endured them lose in new and different ways all these years it's probably not happening (maybe if I live to 100?). 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 14 Feb 2022, 02:09 pm »
Congrats Rams on the win! Your ref will love his ring…

Best commercial? GM Dr Evil…Not you Scott!!
My son and I both said that was a give back for the missed offensive pass interference/ facemask that wasn't called on Higgens against Ramsey which resulted in a touchdown.  Refs deny that happens, but baloney, it does.

How in the world Arron Donald doesn't get the MVP is beyond me.  He dominated all game long, but those two plays at the end changed the game.  Cincinnati was driving down the field for at least a tying field goal, an easy third and less than one, Donald pushes his man into the backfield with one arm and tackles Perrine with the other.  Then on fourth down he essentially sacks Burrows for the win.  He may be the best defensive player of all time playing the best game of his life and doesn't get the MVP?  Not trying to belittle Kupp's performance, he was great, but com'on man.

The Bengals played well and had a chance at the end, but wouldn't have ever been that close without OBJs injury.  Their defense was competitive and held the Rams in check, especially the running game, but it would have been way different with Beckam in there, they had no answer for him.

The halftime show was an embarrassment.  I understand some people, such as my son, liked it.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #26 on: 14 Feb 2022, 02:33 pm »
I somehow managed to miss the entire half time show.
Maybe next year.

mcgsxr

« Reply #27 on: 14 Feb 2022, 03:09 pm »
I thought the game was excellent.  A good back and forth where both teams had a shot right into the final 5 minutes.  A welcome change from the huge blowouts some SB's become.

I get that the half time show was polarizing, I happened to enjoy it, but I get that it wasn't everyone's idea of ideal.

twitch54

« Reply #28 on: 14 Feb 2022, 03:25 pm »
Glad I fell asleep at the beginning of the fourth, rumor has it 'Vegas won' !   :wink:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #29 on: 14 Feb 2022, 03:56 pm »
Maybe next year.

You were not alone.

charles

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #30 on: 14 Feb 2022, 04:02 pm »
I thought the game was excellent.  A good back and forth where both teams had a shot right into the final 5 minutes.  A welcome change from the huge blowouts some SB's become.

I get that the half time show was polarizing, I happened to enjoy it, but I get that it wasn't everyone's idea of ideal.

Given the large audience, it is impossible to select an artist or group of artists who appeal to everybody.

That said, I thought the halftime show was well done.

George

Philip J Fry

« Reply #31 on: 14 Feb 2022, 05:29 pm »
Maybe next year.