WTF? "Audio by Van Alstine Amplifier Custom Made Badge Logo.." on ebay???

rcag_ils

Here I'll just type "Audio by Van Alstine". Did I just violate any copyright law?

No, you did not violate any copyright by just typing it.

But if you start making millions off it, then it would be a violation.

rcag_ils

I actually need some of these badges. I'd better buy them from him before he's off to the big house.

Wayner

I actually need some of these badges. I'd better buy them from him before he's off to the big house.

Now you're supporting a fugitive. Both of you can be room mates.

BTW, if you're going to quote someone, do it the correct way.

Wayner

Ummmmmmmmmmm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125345203058?hash=item1d2f280372:g:av8AAOSwdUtiltgd

The guy that made the label is not the guy that put it on an amplifier that is not AVA. Try pointing the finger at the right guy.

ajaye

The guy that made the label is not the guy that put it on an amplifier that is not AVA. Try pointing the finger at the right guy.

I posted a link related to the subject of this thread, which is a badge, and the word "ummm." Try pointing the finger at whatever finger pointing your mind imagined took place in my post.

But hey, heaven forbid I save someone from getting ripped off for over a stack...perish the thought of besmirching the label guy's good name that nobody here even knows or cares about.

RDavidson

I like the label remakes, particularly the vintage ones that are no longer made and often difficult to find. I don't think there's any problem with reproductions of those. I might have to pick up a pair of reproduction vintage EPI badges. :D

Regarding the topic in general, look at the auto industry. One can buy a BMW badge (even a real one) and put it on a Ford Tempo. If one cannot discern that the Ford Tempo is not actually a BMW M5, then maybe the buyer doesn't deserve to be saved from their own ignorance. That doesn't mean the seller isn't a crook. But at some point, if people can't help themselves, then maybe they need to learn some lessons the hard way. Do your research. Ask questions.

Where I think things get really messed up is with actual counterfeit products. Counterfeit audio cables are a problem as they're relatively easy to fake but look real, at least to the untrained eye. Fake Furutech products are a major issue. Go to YouTube and you'll find videos showing how to make fake high-end power cables with fake Furutech plug sets. :duh: Again, do your research. Ask questions such as : Do you have the original packaging? Do you have the original receipt or other proof of origin (if they're not an authorized dealer)? If they get defensive or offer excuse after excuse, move on. It's that simple.

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
Buyer beware. I would like to think even without this pointer I would question the seller's reputation and intention just by his ad. All in boldface, lots of exclamation, caps, misspellings, questionable setting bought from with mention of high(er) end gear and the damning " I am not sure what model they are?". Lots of flags - pass.