SOLD - ACI, Audio Concepts Sub 1 Subwoofer system - Dallas - $600 - SOLD

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
This was part of a complete system I am looking to sell. I had them veneered in the same figured maple I used for the full range speaker cabinets. It really is gorgeous. These are passive, bandpass subs with a cross over designed to work with ACI Sapphires (not for sale). their crossover is completely intact but I have bypassed it, using the subs directly with a Dayton Audio sub-amp. Which goes with this pair of subs for my asking price. Paper work for subs and amp included. Local pick up much preferred. Shipping would take some working out.

The amp is labeled Snell, I bought it from Parts Express quite awhile ago. It is identical to Dayton's SA250 & SA1000 that are now available (except on back order). It is rated at 750 watts and is fully adjustable for proper room integration. I have used the subs/amp in two rooms, with multiple speakers, including Magnepans. It's a great kit for music, not hard to reign in and integrate.

Gotta work on the pic orientation...
« Last Edit: 17 May 2022, 04:46 pm by Dieterle Tool »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: ACI, Audio Concepts Sub 1 Subwoofer system - Dallas - $600
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2021, 06:54 pm »
Bandpass?
They look like sealed subs to me.

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374210-Bandpass-Enclosure-Characteristics

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374190-Sealed-Enclosure-Characteristics

Do you know if the picture of the "woofer" you are looking at Dieterle Toole's picture is a woofer or a passive radiator? In other words, does it have a magnet behind it or not?

Best,
Anand.

Dieterle Tool

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2021, 01:00 am »
These are 12", stamped frame, ferrite magnet subwoofers from ACI, in his designated Sub 1 enclosures (14.5 x 14.5 x 23.5 w/ 1"-1 1/2" thk walls). Please google his bandpass subwoofers for more details (not JL Audio). They have very small ports around the bottom baffle and are tuned per Mike's proprietary design. Internally damped and work almost like an acoustic suspension system. Those 1/2" holes you see in the second pic are actually ports Mike refers to as "aperiodically vented". I thought Anand would be familiar with this design. :)
Detailed instructions are included.

-Dieter
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2021, 12:05 pm by Dieterle Tool »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2021, 11:39 am »
Kind of like a modified 4th order bandpass?...very nice! If the ports were a passive radiator, it would be quieter at higher SPL's but much more expensive though!

Should serve somebody very well!

Best of luck with sale,

Anand.
P.S. if you have a link to Dzurko's implementation, please share so I can better understand this. It's been several years since I used bandpass subs in my system.

Dieterle Tool

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2021, 05:11 pm »
Well Anand, as you and OB discovered from your searches, not much out there from ACI on these. My search pulled up my last AC listing for the Saphires. Here is a brief description from the manual.  :rules:
Please turn your monitor 90 degrees CW.

-Dieter

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2021, 02:17 am »
So an aperiodic enclosure (active and only driver visible from bottom) with a bandpass crossover (high and low filter).
This was the conclusion I came to after research and seeing pictures of other Sub 1s.

Being an ACI product I know they sound great.
If you were closer I would be thinking about a road trip. 

Dieterle Tool

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2021, 06:04 pm »
^ Thanks man. Mike made some great speakers.

Funny how the description I added references some other speakers these would sound good with... Spicas, Celestions, AE2's. Kind of dates them huh?  :)