Song Towers vs. Axiom M80's

Rocket

Re: Song Towers vs. Axiom M80's
« Reply #180 on: 2 Mar 2009, 12:07 am »
Hi Marbles,

I know where your at.  I have a fairly good system (well actually 2) that I have spent so much hard earned money on over the years.

Recently, I bought a pair of sony headphones to listen to a jazz cd whilst I play my trumpet.  Anyway I tried a few lesser quality cd's with it and they sound much more respectful sounding than on my system.  Go figure!

Bob, good luck with your quest.  Once you are addicted by this hobby and switch so much gear all the time in your system and have a good area for your system your wife won't even raise her head  :cry (j/k).

Regards

Rod

BoB/335

Re: Song Towers vs. Axiom M80's
« Reply #181 on: 2 Mar 2009, 01:48 pm »

Right now I'm listening to a great guitarist I saw playing in Penn Station that was selling his own cd's. His name is Yoshiki Miura (Japanese I believe) plaing some great jazz. Noy sure if this is an ideal recording either BUT I can't believe that this would sound anything like this on an Orb system. Yes even on these M80's in this room.

I ran across this guys website and thought some of you might be interested in supporting a local jazz guitarist by purchasing a great cd.

http://web.mac.com/yoshikimiura/iWeb/Site%202/CD%20for%20Sale.html