Songtower RT one speaker sounds low/odd

blackscorpio

Songtower RT one speaker sounds low/odd
« on: 9 Dec 2023, 04:32 pm »
Recently noticed that the vocals sound a little bit to the left(when tweeters are positioned to be inside the listening triangle). First I thought it was placement issue, tried different positions then I thought may be something wrong with my electronics, tried a different setup. The vocals were not centered on most of the known music to me.

Then I switched the speakers(speaker placement makes tweeters to the outer edge), now the vocals moved to the right of centre. I believe something wrong with one speaker, can someone help me what could be the problem?

Thanks

newzooreview

Re: Songtower RT one speaker sounds low/odd
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2023, 05:12 pm »
Is your right ear to the tweeter on the right speaker the same distance as your left ear to the tweeter on the left speaker? That ear to speaker distance will shift left-right balance.

It does seem suspicious that the side that sounds off-centered shifts as you swap the speakers left and right, but confirming the fundamentals is a good starting point.

blackscorpio

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2023, 05:42 pm »
Yes ear tweeter distance is same; did try lot of placement adjustments.

Right-left balance shouldn't shift when speakers are swapped right. I am very much sure.

Is there any easy way to test that? Any test that can be done at the speaker terminals or something.

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2023, 06:17 pm »
I would check to make sure all of the woofers are working.  I may be that one of them is not working properly and the midrange that would normally come from the pair in that speaker is outputting less because one of the woofers went bad.  Let us know what you find.

- Jim