Vapor RMAF 2015

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Vapor RMAF 2015
« Reply #40 on: 9 Oct 2015, 07:48 am »
What did you guys do with Ed?  :)

Sent him a pm a couple days ago asking about which Infected Mushroom track he had playing in the Nimbus room. Anybody know by chance?

It was probably Avratz from Disc 2 of Converting Vegetarians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcsrvqPVsUk

Very holographic track with some very deep notes that will test your system capabilities.

wisnon

« Reply #41 on: 9 Oct 2015, 09:23 am »
The Lampizator guys are flanking the couple in the middle.  Fred (gopher) is to the right of the woman in the center, and Rob (tallest, right of Ryan) is to the left of Ed.

And Lukasz is to the right of Fred.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #42 on: 9 Oct 2015, 03:49 pm »
It was probably Avratz from Disc 2 of Converting Vegetarians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcsrvqPVsUk

Very holographic track with some very deep notes that will test your system capabilities.

Thanks Pete! Tidal only has certain albums from IM and this one is not on there so I just picked it up from iTunes. Definitely a great track for showcasing whether a speaker has balls or not.

I'm assuming you're pretty familiar by now with the sound of the Nimbus, what was your impression of the ZOTL amps that was paired with it in the Mojo room?

dex67

« Reply #43 on: 9 Oct 2015, 04:16 pm »
i own all the IM cd's and I've seen them live 3 times...what a ride!!!! :)...The Mushrooms sound great on the Nimbus!!!!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #44 on: 9 Oct 2015, 04:24 pm »
i own all the IM cd's and I've seen them live 3 times...what a ride!!!! :)...The Mushrooms sound great on the Nimbus!!!!

Nice Adrian!

It was the one track in the one room that I walked away thinking man that was pretty incredible! One of the few moments of the show I still keep thinking about.

The guy from Linear Tube Audio had a bootleg cut of Hendrix. Most of Jimi's stuff I've heard doesn't sound too well recorded but this particular track on the Nimbus with those zotl amps sounded amazing! Wish I would have remembered what the song title was...

Gopher

« Reply #45 on: 9 Oct 2015, 07:17 pm »
Congratulations to my room partners!

It was a heck of a ride guys, and I'm glad to see our efforts were recognized.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #46 on: 12 Oct 2015, 01:01 am »
Thanks Pete! Tidal only has certain albums from IM and this one is not on there so I just picked it up from iTunes. Definitely a great track for showcasing whether a speaker has balls or not.

I'm assuming you're pretty familiar by now with the sound of the Nimbus, what was your impression of the ZOTL amps that was paired with it in the Mojo room?

I thought the amps were a great match for the Nimbus.  We demoed that pair of speakers two years earlier at RMAF using a 35W SET and it gave us all the SPL we needed, even in the huge room at Hyatt.  The ZOTL amps seemed to exhibit great control at both ends of the spectrum and they were definitely quiet.  If someone gets a pair of Nimbus for a room that's not too huge, I'd have no trouble recommending those amps to fill out the system.

Turns out the ZOTL amps don't roll off until 8Hz and 50KHz . . . that's very competitive with solid state.

jhm731

« Reply #47 on: 13 Oct 2015, 08:29 pm »
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2015, 03:07 am by jhm731 »

branislav

« Reply #48 on: 13 Oct 2015, 10:23 pm »
I have to say it's borderline insulting not to at least mention the room anywhere ever in these magazines like stereophile and absolute sound. That kind of bias is really turning me off.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: 13 Oct 2015, 10:29 pm »
I have to say it's borderline insulting not to at least mention the room anywhere ever in these magazines like stereophile and absolute sound. That kind of bias is really turning me off.
One of the many reasons I don't pay for that crap anymore.  Between the bias and pathetic reviews it's like throwing money in a fire. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #50 on: 13 Oct 2015, 10:38 pm »
I like the comment under the article in regards to the list saying "it's a who's who of Absolute Sound advertisers"

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #51 on: 13 Oct 2015, 11:40 pm »

We're used to it by now.  In 7+ years and about 15 shows, Absolute Sound has never once commented on the sound of our rooms.  Oh well  :?  Stereophile at least typically gives us one sentence about the sound.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me.  Our customer base is savvy, understands the nuances of what separates our speakers from the rest of the pack, and may peruse AS or Stereophile but doesn't rely on them for buying decisions.

jhm731

« Reply #52 on: 14 Oct 2015, 04:54 am »
We're used to it by now.  In 7+ years and about 15 shows, Absolute Sound has never once commented on the sound of our rooms.  Oh well  :?  Stereophile at least typically gives us one sentence about the sound.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me.  Our customer base is savvy, understands the nuances of what separates our speakers from the rest of the pack, and may peruse AS or Stereophile but doesn't rely on them for buying decisions.

Congrats on 7+ years.

I'd love to hear the PS, how many PS dealers do you have and where are they located?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #53 on: 14 Oct 2015, 05:01 am »
Congrats on 7+ years.

I'd love to hear the PS, how many PS dealers do you have and where are they located?

Thanks ... we're going to wait until our ducks are all in a row before we make any announcements.  It will be a small network, the Perfect Storm is just too labor intensive to produce in large numbers.  But dealers appreciate that exclusivity. 

dex67

« Reply #54 on: 14 Oct 2015, 01:32 pm »
my pair of Nimbus sounds better and better every day! i just sold my turntable and the guy that came to pick it up wouldn't leave!!! he was mesmerized by the sound and the sheer size of the Nimbus...he lives in a small NYC apartment...lol

jhm731

« Reply #55 on: 14 Oct 2015, 04:54 pm »
Thanks ... we're going to wait until our ducks are all in a row before we make any announcements.  It will be a small network, the Perfect Storm is just too labor intensive to produce in large numbers.  But dealers appreciate that exclusivity.

Thanks for the info. 

Guess I'll have to stick to the mainstream manufacturers that have dealers showing their products.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #56 on: 14 Oct 2015, 05:18 pm »
Thanks for the info. 

Guess I'll have to stick to the mainstream manufacturers that have dealers showing their products.
Why don't you visit Vapor Audio? Personally, if I was shopping for speakers in the price range of Perfect Storms, I'd want to visit the manufacturer. Plane tickets and a couple of days would be a good investment. I know that Salk Audio encourages potential buyers to visit.

a.wayne

« Reply #57 on: 14 Oct 2015, 05:31 pm »

Be careful with that ........

jhm731

« Reply #58 on: 14 Oct 2015, 06:14 pm »
Why don't you visit Vapor Audio? Personally, if I was shopping for speakers in the price range of Perfect Storms, I'd want to visit the manufacturer. Plane tickets and a couple of days would be a good investment. I know that Salk Audio encourages potential buyers to visit.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have absolutely no desire to fly 10 hours to visit House Springs,MO.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #59 on: 14 Oct 2015, 07:14 pm »
I have absolutely no desire to fly 10 hours to visit House Springs,MO.

Thanks for the laugh!

It does makes me wonder what percentage of Vapor customers actually get a chance to hear their model before buying. I for one did not.