Reference center channel and matching L/R kits

Dadn5kids

Reference center channel and matching L/R kits
« on: 27 Oct 2008, 04:31 am »
I know this isn't the trade forum, but since it is Selah kits, I thought I would list here first.  If a moderator wants to pull it, that is fine also. 

I started a dialogue with Rick about 8 weeks ago for a Reference Center channel and matching L & R towers.  Rick put the kit together, set everything up for me and I received it 2 weeks ago.  Last Monday, I quite suddenly lost my job due to losing three big contracts.  And the big problem here in Northern California is the construction industry is tightening the belt even more so then before since winter is coming up and there is very little in the way of work at this time.   So, I sadly need to sell my kit.  I have a family, a mortgage and expenses like everyone, and material items need to come 2nd to shelter, food and new shoes.  So here's the deal - the Reference center channel is Rick's design with  dual 7" Revelators , a single 5" Revelators and the Fountek ribbon tweeter.  He also designed matching L & R speakers for me using a single 7" and 5" Revelator and the Fountek ribbon tweeter.   Rick's price was $900 for the center and $1500 for the L & R's.  I would like to get my money back or close.  I haven't even opened the package Rick sent me, so everything is fresh from his workshop.  I will cover paypal costs as Rick does if you wish to use that service and I will split shipping costs.  I'll get back to anyone with email or a phone number as needed.  Thanks very much for your time.

Taylor Richardson

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Reference center channel and matching L/R kits
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2008, 02:59 pm »
I know this isn't the trade forum, but since it is Selah kits, I thought I would list here first.  If a moderator wants to pull it, that is fine also. 

I started a dialogue with Rick about 8 weeks ago for a Reference Center channel and matching L & R towers.  Rick put the kit together, set everything up for me and I received it 2 weeks ago.  Last Monday, I quite suddenly lost my job due to losing three big contracts.  And the big problem here in Northern California is the construction industry is tightening the belt even more so then before since winter is coming up and there is very little in the way of work at this time.   So, I sadly need to sell my kit.  I have a family, a mortgage and expenses like everyone, and material items need to come 2nd to shelter, food and new shoes.  So here's the deal - the Reference center channel is Rick's design with  dual 7" Revelators , a single 5" Revelators and the Fountek ribbon tweeter.  He also designed matching L & R speakers for me using a single 7" and 5" Revelator and the Fountek ribbon tweeter.   Rick's price was $900 for the center and $1500 for the L & R's.  I would like to get my money back or close.  I haven't even opened the package Rick sent me, so everything is fresh from his workshop.  I will cover paypal costs as Rick does if you wish to use that service and I will split shipping costs.  I'll get back to anyone with email or a phone number as needed.  Thanks very much for your time.

Taylor Richardson

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will do whatever I can to help you out; in fact, I know the community here will be very supportive. If anyone would like the details of these designs feel free to contact me.

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: Reference center channel and matching L/R kits
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2008, 06:00 am »
Taylor,

Very sorry to hear about your circumstances, I too am in the construction Industry. In Canada our dollar has taken a 30 cent dive in the last 60 days, it is hard times everywhere. Better Luck.

Perry