Damn OLIVE OPUS (Garth Brooks?)

John Casler

Damn OLIVE OPUS (Garth Brooks?)
« on: 4 Sep 2006, 12:31 am »
Some years ago, when I was a little more "footloose", I was foolin' around with a beautiful young thing who was into Country Western music, and I ended up picking up several Garth Brooks Albums.

Haven't listened to them in several years and having loaded them into my OPUS recently, I thought I might listen to a "cut or two". :roll:

Well ....over two hours later, I finally pried myself out of my listening chair before I had a chance to fire up his Christmas CD. :nono:

I have got to say, the guy is a talent, and most all the cuts are well produced and sonically very satisfying. :thumb:

Now when I look back on that "sweet young thing" I can remember the Stetson, the Boots, the Belts, the Cowboy type long range coat (Actually a Calvin Klein) and even the "line dancing", all of which are long gone, but Garth's tunes are still here, alive and well. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

kfr01

Re: Damn OLIVE OPUS (Garth Brooks?)
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2006, 12:55 am »
Garth put out some good stuff.

Try Brooks and Dunn.  I went to their concert on Friday and was surprised by the number of songs I knew (the wife is a fan).

Berndt

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2006, 02:00 am »
Not the olive opus thread I was expecting, glad you like your opus John.
I am pleased with my musica as well.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2006, 02:56 am »
Not the olive opus thread I was expecting, glad you like your opus John.
I am pleased with my musica as well.

Yeah, I thought I'd have a little fun in the "headline". :wink:

I like this thing more every CD I load.

Really is cool to "re-visit" so much of your old stuff, and know it is now only at your fingertips. :green:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2006, 03:09 am »

Now when I look back on that "sweet young thing" I can remember the Stetson, the Boots, the Belts, the Cowboy type long range coat (Actually a Calvin Klein) and even the "line dancing", all of which are long gone, but Garth's tunes are still here, alive and well. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow John !!! You went out with Annie Oakley........cool !! :jester:

Garth Brooks did put out some nice music....and an excellent stage show...with an excellent band !!! :hyper:

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2006, 03:05 pm »

Wow John !!! You went out with Annie Oakley........cool !! :jester:

Garth Brooks did put out some nice music....and an excellent stage show...with an excellent band !!! :hyper:

Not Annie Oakley, Annie Fanny = http://www.deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BP_KSP.232&Category_Code=

I affectionatley called her "Lumpy" 8) :lol: :lol: :roll:

jhm731

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2006, 05:04 pm »
Not the Olive Opus thread I was expecting either.

It would be interesting to see a picture of the inside of JC's Opus, to see what effects
the heat has had on the components.

FYI- mauimods.com has a solution for the Opus jitter and heat problems.

Berndt

« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2006, 06:36 pm »
Yeah John, we have loaded our entire collection, haven't started on the vinyl yet.
We put it on random and look at each other asking what is that?