Tumult response with LT circuit

Brian Bunge

« on: 9 Sep 2003, 02:04 pm »
I thought I'd share some response curves of my Tumult subwoofer.  I've got the Tumult in a 53L enclosure (18" cube, 1.5" thick walls) with an LT circuit and a single channel of a Crown K2 amp.  These measurements were taken using my Stryke Bass Zone test disk and the Radio Shack analog SPL meter.  I know it's not the most accurate form of testing, but I did use a correction spreadsheet.  I do have a nice mic and preamp and both JustMLS and TrueRTA but with my laptop's soundcard I don't totally trust those measurements either.  I'm still trying to work those out and we'll see if I can get better measurements soon.

Also, these measurements were taken just to show the curve; not for max SPL.  The sub is approx. 6' away to the left of my seating position along the back wall and about 2' from the corner.  The sub pulls double duty as an end table so that's where it will have to stay.  

Anyway, here are the graphs:

(alt+p)

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2003, 05:57 pm »
Very graphic ( :mrgreen: ) case for an LT circuit.  Time to get out the BFD for some hump leveling.  What's your selling price for the LT'd sub, and do you offer a non-LT'd version?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2003, 06:31 pm »
For the Tumult in an 18" cube (1.5" thick MDF walls) and a 1000W class D amp in your basic oak, maple or cherry veneer we'd be looking at $1500 w/o the LT.  With the LT you'd be looking at another $200.

If you wanted an endtable look like my Tumult expect to pay about $300 more for either of the above.  The legs add more labor and I have to pay my artist for the faux finish on the top.