Totem Acoustics

1ZIP

Totem Acoustics
« on: 19 May 2009, 02:59 pm »
I know there has been much discussion about great speaker matches for Bryston.  B&Ws (I have 805s) are mentioned frequently as are PMCs.  But does anyone have experience with the Totems?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Totem Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2009, 03:02 pm »
I know there has been much discussion about great speaker matches for Bryston.  B&Ws (I have 805s) are mentioned frequently as are PMCs.  But does anyone have experience with the Totems?

Totem  used our amps (9B and 14B) and processor (SP2) at the recent Montreal 2009 Audio Show for their display - so I guess that's a vote of confidence from those at Totem regarding compatability.

james

95Dyna

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2009, 03:34 pm »
Is anybody out there using the Totem Wind with Bryston amps?

rmurray

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2009, 04:17 pm »
 Bryston sure brings JBL oldstyle monitors to life! rmurray. :thumb:

94cdnm3

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2009, 05:53 am »
I have been driving my Totem Arros with the older B-60 and 2B-LP combo in bi-amped mode for well over 7 years now and have no real desire to change the amplification. The accuracy and transparency of the Arros are well served by the 2 Brystons with the support of the Dreamcatcher powered sub. Extremely detailed, transparent, dynamic and yet natural and musical. Imaging and soundstaging with lots of depth adds to the illusion that you are at the venue of the performance. This is in a relatively small 12x20 room.