Legacy Focus Se with Bryston 7BSST/2

JBLMVBC

Re: Bryston Owner's Speakers
« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2011, 04:27 am »
Custom JBL Pro. :P

larevoj

« Reply #42 on: 18 Mar 2011, 06:38 am »
Folks, while surfing the net I saw this interesting system recommendation from a dealer in Houston, Taxes. Its pretty cool to see Bryston as a preferred match for Sonus Faber versus Audio Research, Krell, Anthem and McIntosh this dealer represents.  :thumb:
  http://www.soundworldaudio.com/Recommended_Systems.html

Sonus Faber Amati & Krell Evolution System
Sonus Faber Amati Floor-standing Speaker
Krell Evolution 202 preamplifier
Krell Evolution 600 monoaural amplifier
Krell Evolution 505 CD/SACD player System
Price: $89,500
Upgrade Options: Esoteric P05 Transport and D05 Dual Digital-Analog-Converter. 

Sonus Faber Elipsa & Krell Evolution System
Sonus Faber Cremona Elipsa Floor-standing Speakers
Krell Evolution 202 Preamplifier
Krell Evolution 402 Amplifier
Krell Evolution 505 SACD/CD Player
System Price: $63,800
Upgrade Options: Krell Evolution 600 Monoblock Power Amplifier, Esoteric P05 Transport and D05 Dual Digital-Analog-Converter. 

Sonus Faber Cremona M System
Sonus Faber Cremona M Floor-standing Speakers
Bryston, BP-26 Preamplifier
Bryston 4B-SST2 Power Amplifier
Bryston BCD-1 CD Player

System Price: $23,945
Upgrade Options: REL Subwoofer, Bryston 7B-SST2 Monoblock Amplifier, Esoteric SA-50 CD/SACD  Player. 

Sonus Faber Auditor M System
Sonus Faber Auditor M Bookshelf Speakers with Matching Stands
Audio Research VSi60 Tube Integrated Amplifier
Arcam CD-37 SACD/CD Player
System Price: $13,300
Upgrade Options: REL Subwoofer, Bryston BCD-1 CD Player, Esoteric SA-50 CD/SACD Player, Bryston  BP-26 Preamplifier and 4B-SST2 Amplifier 

Sonus Faber Luito System
Sonus Faber Luito Floor-standing Speakers
Audio Research Vi60, Integrated Tube Amp
Bryston BCD-1 CD Player
System Price: $12,695
Upgrade Options: REL Subwoofer, Bryston BP-26 Preamplifier and 4B-SST2 Amplifier 

Sonus Faber Toy Tower System
Sonus Faber Toy Tower Floor-standing Speakers
Krell 300i Integrated Amp
Rega Apollo CD Player or Arcam CD17 CD Player
System Price: $6,250
Upgrade Options: REL Subwoofer, Bryston BP-26 Preamplifier and 4B-SST2 Amplifier 

Paradigm Signature Systems
Paradigm Signature S8, or S6 Speakers
Bryston BP-26 Preamplifier
Bryston 4B-SST2 Amplifier
Bryston BCD-1 CD Player

System Price: $17,740 Signature S8 $15,700 Signature S6           
Upgrade Options: Paradigm Signature Sub 25 Subwoofer, Esoteric SA-50 SACD/CD Player 

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #43 on: 18 Mar 2011, 10:19 am »
I was in awe when I took a peak on the speaker you made  :o

What drivers are those??

Thank you! They are my pride and provide me tons of joy... :D
There is a very long thread on a Dutch forum about the building process, if you're interested I can send you the link.

The drivers are Seas Nextel. W26FX002, W15LY001 and T29CF001.

Sasha

« Reply #44 on: 18 Mar 2011, 03:23 pm »
This is a 3 way active system and the speakers are build by myself. The final box will be the same size but not the same looks.I am very busy so time is the only problem here right now.
The power amps are 2 4BSST and the pair 7BSST
4BSST drives the TWEETERS
4BSST drives the MIDRANGES
7BSST drives the WOOFERS
The active crossover has out board power supply and adjestable from 22hz to 22khz in 39 crossover points for each driver separate.

What active crossover are you using, and what drivers with what crossover points and slopes did you chose?

jklowan

« Reply #45 on: 18 Mar 2011, 07:27 pm »
I upgraded from Paradigm studios to Theils and I love the combination. The Paradigms had limitations in the highs that the Thiels do not.

I am running a Bryston 9BSST and SP 1.7 with Thiel 2.4's as my mains, Power Point 1.2 as the center which is ceiling mounted and scs4's as the rears which are wall mounted with a JL Audio f-113 sub. My current source for music/video is a NAD M55 which I think is the weak link. All running through Audioquest cable. Hoping to go to a Esoteric D60 soon. I would also consider more power for the fronts, I think a 4bsst would be near nirvana for me.

I had studio 60's for my fronts, 20's in the rear and a ceiling mounted studio speaker can't remember the number with a SVS cyl sub. The Thiels IMHO are much less fatiguing than the Paradigms were. the only problem that I have is that being a deadhead, alot of my live dead is rendered unlistenable due to flaws in the recordings that I did not know were there with the Paradigms.

I love the combination and wouldn't hesitate to at least recommend a addition.

Fullvolume

« Reply #46 on: 18 Mar 2011, 07:54 pm »
2 x 7BSST2 and a pair of Dynaudio Focus 360's.

Robert D

« Reply #47 on: 18 Mar 2011, 08:58 pm »
It all started in the early 80’s my 1st pair of Paradigm speakers.
I’ll go back to my last purchase 2007 My Paradigm Signature S8 v2’s
I was here in Montreal looking for a new set of Speakers to upgrade from Paradigm Monitor S9 to something New and very Special.
At Codell Audio he had a Pair of Signature S6v2 hooked up to a Moon amp of 300watts or so. The sound was pretty good I just wanted to hear more of everything. He played as well a pair of Dynaudio & Spendor speakers … I don’t know who to explain it but a …
A 4 ohm speaker does not sound to my ears want they want to hear.
It is a artificial sound that is not natural. My ears do not enjoy feeling that these type of speakers are trying to sing…….

So the following week I called the Rep at Paradigm here in Montreal asking who had a Pair of his Top of the line in stock Signature S8v2’s …that I could hear
He told me there was one Dealer in Ottawa that had a Pair in Stock.
So I Drove up … I don’t remember the name it’s Sound something…
The sales he pulled out a Pair of Totem Wind speakers.. this sales guy so excited to show them to me…….His attitude was great I should of hired him to work for me  !!!
Anyway I let me play his Totem Wind speakers … He had them connected to a pair of mono 250watt Macintosh amps…….  Ouch my ears did not want to hear that 4 ohm sound again….

So Finally he hooked up the Paradigm Signature S8v2 .. it was a easy move the speakers were side by side… the Wind Speakers..
The Paradigms just opened the Room, There was presence the sound stage was open, The highs were clean the bass tight the thunder oh that thunder..  The speakers were not bi wired. I knew if these speakers would be Bi wired they would sound even Better.
Finally his price was way out in the field…… he wanted over 10K. When I went back to Montreal that day I drove to Codell Audio and I purchased them for 40% less then what the sales guy in Ottawa tried to get out of Me ….

Robert

Robert D

« Reply #48 on: 18 Mar 2011, 09:11 pm »
It all started in the early 80’s my 1st pair of Paradigm speakers.
I’ll go back to my last purchase 2007 My Paradigm Signature S8 v2’s
I was here in Montreal looking for a new set of Speakers to upgrade from Paradigm Monitor S9 to something New and very Special.
At Codell Audio he had a Pair of Signature S6v2 hooked up to a Moon amp of 300watts or so. The sound was pretty good I just wanted to hear more of everything. He played as well a pair of Dynaudio & Spendor speakers … I don’t know who to explain it but a …
A 4 ohm speaker does not sound to my ears want they want to hear.
It is a artificial sound that is not natural. My ears do not enjoy feeling that these type of speakers are trying to sing…….

So the following week I called the Rep at Paradigm here in Montreal asking who had a Pair of his Top of the line in stock Signature S8v2’s …that I could hear
He told me there was one Dealer in Ottawa that had a Pair in Stock.
So I Drove up … I don’t remember the name it’s Sound something…
The sales he pulled out a Pair of Totem Wind speakers.. this sales guy so excited to show them to me…….His attitude was great I should of hired him to work for me  !!!
Anyway I let me play his Totem Wind speakers … He had them connected to a pair of mono 250watt Macintosh amps…….  Ouch my ears did not want to hear that 4 ohm sound again….

So Finally he hooked up the Paradigm Signature S8v2 .. it was a easy move the speakers were side by side… the Wind Speakers..
The Paradigms just opened the Room, There was presence the sound stage was open, The highs were clean the bass tight the thunder oh that thunder..  The speakers were not bi wired. I knew if these speakers would be Bi wired they would sound even Better.
Finally his price was way out in the field…… he wanted over 10K. When I went back to Montreal that day I drove to Codell Audio and I purchased them for 40% less then what the sales guy in Ottawa tried to get out of Me ….

Robert
Room size
38 L X 16 W X 8 H
System overview
Bryston Bp26 Mps2 Bcd-1 Bda-1 2 x 4BSST² Bryston Bp1.5 Bryston Cables Xlr, Spdif,Aes-Ebu,Rca Audioquest 4 X Type 8 27 ft Paradigm Reference Signature S8 v2 Torus RM20 Solid Tech Radius Solo 5, Solo 3, Feet of Silence, Disk of Silence ...for 50TH Oracle TT
Acoustic Treatment
ORACLE DELPHI MARK V TURNTABLE WITH GRAHAM PHANTON B-44 TONEARM DYNAVENTOR MOVING COIL CARTRIDGE DRT XV-1S
Component listing

Digital Source BRYSTON BCD-1 CD PLAYER 
Analog Source BRYSTON BDA-1 D/A CONVERTER
Other Sources NAD AM/FM RDS STEREO TUNER C 422 
Preamp BRYSTON BP-26, MPS-2,BRYSTON BP1.5
Power Amp BRYSTON 2 X 4BSST² with new Capacitor Upgrade
Speakers PARADIGM REFERENCE SIGNATURE S8 V2
Speaker Cables AUDIOQUEST 4 X TYPE 8 27FT
Interconnects BRYSTON XLR'S , BRYSTON RCA'S ,
Racking SOLID TECH RADIUS SOLO 5, SOLO 3 , FEET OF SILENCE, DISK OF SILENCE
Power Conditioning TORUS RM20
Other Components BRYSTON DIGITAL CABLES SPDIF/BNC 1 METER AES-EBU 1 METER

We are in Renovations.....
I do't have a real Good Pic for Now
It's coming !!!! Robert
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2011, 11:02 pm by Robert D »

PRELUDE

« Reply #49 on: 18 Mar 2011, 09:54 pm »
[What active crossover are you using, and what drivers with what crossover points and slopes did you chose?]
Hello, Sasha
The active crossover is "PASS LABS XVR1"
The drivers are 1@6" custom build "AUDIOTECHNOLOGY" and 2@10" "AUDIOTECHNOLOGY" and the tweeter is "SCANSPEAK R2904/7000.
The crossover points are 3600Hz @ 3 ORDER with filter Q at medium and 180Hz @ 2 ORDER with filter Q at low.
Let me know if you need more info.

Ryanz

« Reply #50 on: 18 Mar 2011, 11:02 pm »

Robert - I love your S8's. :drool: Those are going to be my next speaker purchase. What are their pro's and con's?

Sasha

« Reply #51 on: 18 Mar 2011, 11:07 pm »
Hello, Sasha
The active crossover is "PASS LABS XVR1"
The drivers are 1@6" custom build "AUDIOTECHNOLOGY" and 2@10" "AUDIOTECHNOLOGY" and the tweeter is "SCANSPEAK R2904/7000.
The crossover points are 3600Hz @ 3 ORDER with filter Q at medium and 180Hz @ 2 ORDER with filter Q at low.
Let me know if you need more info.
Very nice, have you ever had a chance to hear any of larger active studio monitors (ATC or PMC), and if so how did they compare to your speakers?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #52 on: 18 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm »
2 x 7BSST2 and a pair of Dynaudio Focus 360's.

Nice. How do you like those dynaudios with the Bryston amps? I'm interested in the Contour S 5.4. Have you heard those?

Robert D

« Reply #53 on: 18 Mar 2011, 11:23 pm »
The Pro’s all around great sounding clean Speaker.
Over the last few Year’s I have herd lots of Speakers at 35K 15K Lots of B&W’s ….
4 ohm Speakers speak for them self…. They Do nothing for me a far as Quality goes

I have found over the Years that a Speaker has to have some weight to it.
These are the Top Of The Line of the Paradigm line. It’s the mate in this class that has opened up many ears…. What I mean is …. They are driven by Bryston 2x4bsst’2
They are Bi Wired horizontal….

No Con’s  They need to be 3 feet from the back wall.
They need room large room

My Remark :
Try and find a Dealer that has these in Stock Good luck. I suggest you call 1st.

Robert

PRELUDE

« Reply #54 on: 18 Mar 2011, 11:43 pm »
[Very nice, have you ever had a chance to hear any of larger active studio monitors (ATC or PMC), and if so how did they compare to your speakers?]
No I haven't had any chance to hear any of them. The only active set up that I heard before was the "WAVEFORM MAC17 which is not in business any more.I did build 4 complete system through the years but non of them did like this one.The only negative point about this set up is,if I do not take it easy on valume control,I might need door and window replacement. :lol:

Robert D

« Reply #55 on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:11 am »
Robert - I love your S8's. :drool: Those are going to be my next speaker purchase. What are their pro's and con's?

Ryanz
Take a look at This

Next In Line !

Robert

Ryanz

« Reply #56 on: 19 Mar 2011, 03:02 am »
Robert - Do you have two sets?!

Sasha

« Reply #57 on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:22 pm »
No I haven't had any chance to hear any of them. The only active set up that I heard before was the "WAVEFORM MAC17 which is not in business any more.I did build 4 complete system through the years but non of them did like this one.The only negative point about this set up is,if I do not take it easy on valume control,I might need door and window replacement. :lol:
They are probably the best sounding speakers listed so far in this thread.
Was the design entirely yours or you used some Audiotechnology design/guide?
What did you use to measure them?
And where did you get cross-over?

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
« Reply #58 on: 19 Mar 2011, 04:55 pm »

awesome systems, mates: congratulations.
this is a panorama shot of my listenning room, the PMC MB2i are 1 year old, the sonex panels are just for visual effect :)
Bryston BP 25P Bryston 4B ST (10 years old, so far so good) Meridian 508-24 Van Den Hul The Second and The Wind MkII (three head cassette tape deck and vinyl turntable didn't fit into the pano shot, that's why you cannot see them).
room is 3.40 meters wide, 2.70 m. high, 6.20 m. deep.
distance between midrange domes is 2 meters.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #59 on: 20 Mar 2011, 01:14 am »
Very cool. And where did you get the room treatment?