• Mr. Waddles listening to the K-horns.
    • Ron Carlton's webpage
Re: SilverFi Texas Audition Tour
« Reply #60 on: 30 Aug 2008, 12:57 pm »
I'm still working on mine :oops:.

Delacroix

« Reply #61 on: 2 Oct 2008, 03:09 am »
So SilverFi, what did you make of the evaluations and comments you received? Is this a viable method of getting products reviewed?

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #62 on: 18 Oct 2008, 02:14 pm »
So SilverFi, what did you make of the evaluations and comments you received? Is this a viable method of getting products reviewed?

Hi All,
Well, as I have said earlier synergy and taste are very important. Dedicated quality time for auditioning is also crucial and I must say a week or so is not enough for such an occasion/evaluation. If you felt 'closer to music' with SilverFi and extended your listening hours I feel the target is reached. I think that SilverFi  cables guides the listener to a musically perceptive and illuminated stage which is higher than some of the rest... Getting the correct balance, the beauty of tone and the true intend of the musician is something indispensable for the listener. For tone we should re-create the textures, colors, hues and shadows. One last word to repeat a senior writer J. Coleman for a decent system for music 'balance, balance, balance' .

Delacroix

« Reply #63 on: 18 Oct 2008, 04:03 pm »
Well really i want to say 'thanks' for putting your product out there for so many of us to try -- yes, I agree, a week in one's typical working life is not really enough to get a handle on all the nuances of a product but I hope you found the exercise useful also. Not clear how we could improve the process, giving everyone a month would make the process extremely lengthy, circulating more than one test set at a time would perhaps be unreasonable for the manufacturer, but I have to say, I  love this kind of direct user input.

Best

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #64 on: 18 Oct 2008, 04:23 pm »
Well really i want to say 'thanks' for putting your product out there for so many of us to try -- yes, I agree, a week in one's typical working life is not really enough to get a handle on all the nuances of a product but I hope you found the exercise useful also. Not clear how we could improve the process, giving everyone a month would make the process extremely lengthy, circulating more than one test set at a time would perhaps be unreasonable for the manufacturer, but I have to say, I  love this kind of direct user input.

Best

Delacroix, thanks.

In future, maybe we could repeat a similar auditioning with lesser (2-3 ?? auditioners) each taking longer periods. SilverFi Magician interconnect could be a good candidate. If I can arrange a 3m. Moonstar speaker cable could be included to the tour.

Delacroix

« Reply #65 on: 18 Oct 2008, 07:39 pm »
Sounds good -- count me in, but you know there's going to be more than three of us :)

rcarlton

• Mr. Waddles listening to the K-horns.
    • Ron Carlton's webpage
« Reply #66 on: 18 Nov 2008, 04:06 am »
silverfi,
Thank you for the opportunity to try your wonderful cables. I agree it would take more than a week to really hear the subtle nuances that the cables may provide.

silverfi

• Industry Participant
  • Closer To Music
    • SilverFi Cable
« Reply #67 on: 22 Jan 2009, 08:57 pm »
Hi Guys,

Here's the latest news about Silverfi:

6moons' reviewer Paul Candy recently reviewed Crystal Cable's 'the Bridge' apparatus to check its effect with his interconnect arsenal and comments on the SilverFi Samarkand:

"Most if not all cable manufacturers will tell you that all cables degrade the signal to some degree but that the best ones almost get out of the way completely. If that's true, then I don't believe I have ever heard a cable more benign to the musical event than the SilverFi Samarkand with the Bridge."