What LPs have you listened to recently?

vinyl_lady

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #1680 on: 3 Apr 2011, 02:15 am »
You sure didn't waste any time Laura  :thumb:

I stopped by 4000 Holes today and found the Talking Heads, Katrina & the Waves in new arrivals and he had two copies of Waxworks, one domestic and one import--I bought the import. A British sound for sure and I'm liking it enough to buy some more.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #1681 on: 3 Apr 2011, 02:31 am »
Chad Stuart & Jeremy Clyde ~ Of Cabbages And Kings

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1682 on: 3 Apr 2011, 02:36 am »
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1683 on: 3 Apr 2011, 04:40 am »
Katrina and the Waves

jimdgoulding

« Reply #1684 on: 3 Apr 2011, 06:02 am »
The Pretenders (Sire, or Nautilus, doesn't matter to me).  Doesn't ever get too familiar to me.  Every track- that's rare in my experience- thoroughly rocks in its most unique way.  Rock album of the decade for me and it came out in 1980!   

If Only I Could Remember My Name- David Crosby and friends (Atlantic via Classic Records).  An anthem for and the end of the sixties.  A collaboration of West Coast musicians from the day (all of whom I'd venture you know but maybe never in such a collaboration as this) and a couple of Canadians.  The sound is full range wonderful.  BTW, I knew that before Harry Pearson did (or said he did) by a year and on my relatively humble system from the day.  Still is.

Feels Good To Me-  Bill Bruford (Polydor).  Allan Holdsworth, Annette Peacock, Kenny Wheeler, others.  Timeless and original wonder.

DaveyW

« Reply #1685 on: 3 Apr 2011, 03:54 pm »
Left home alone this afternoon and things got progressively heavier and louder

Motorhead's Overkill sounded amazing!
I haven't played it for a while - the Denon really brings it alive. :icon_twisted:

bside123

« Reply #1686 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:50 pm »

Janis Ian "Self-Titled" 1967 Polydor Records

orthobiz

« Reply #1687 on: 3 Apr 2011, 07:09 pm »
Katrina and the Waves

I'm a big Robyn Hitchock fan and like the Soft Boys as well, so K and the Waves are a natural for me. Brief history lesson: when Soft Boys broke up, Robyn went with The Egyptians and Kimberly Rew went with The Waves.

I saw K Waves at Delaware State College (of all places) probably in 1983? Anyway, the recent K Wave albums I bought came out before this one. Many of the songs were redone for this particular record. There's a good summary of the group's progression in the album by album discussion on allmusic.com. For nearly every one else, the album you pictured is the one to have and is probably enough. The other stuff is good, too, if you want to be a curator of your own pop museum.

The last one I need is simply titled Katrina and the Waves and has the original Walking On Sunshine.

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1688 on: 3 Apr 2011, 08:41 pm »
I'm a big Robyn Hitchock fan and like the Soft Boys as well, so K and the Waves are a natural for me. Brief history lesson: when Soft Boys broke up, Robyn went with The Egyptians and Kimberly Rew went with The Waves.

I saw K Waves at Delaware State College (of all places) probably in 1983? Anyway, the recent K Wave albums I bought came out before this one. Many of the songs were redone for this particular record. There's a good summary of the group's progression in the album by album discussion on allmusic.com. For nearly every one else, the album you pictured is the one to have and is probably enough. The other stuff is good, too, if you want to be a curator of your own pop museum.

The last one I need is simply titled Katrina and the Waves and has the original Walking On Sunshine.

Paul

Thanks for the history lesson. I am not familiar with the Soft Boys, but I do like Katrina & the Waves. The only other album I own is Waves. I'll check the bins on my busienss travels.

Laura

pumpkinman

« Reply #1689 on: 3 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm »
Annie Haslam ~ Annie In Wonderland

orthobiz

« Reply #1690 on: 4 Apr 2011, 12:07 am »

No joke? I am the world's biggest Roy Wood freak and I love this underrated Wood produced gem. Annie's boyfriend at the time...

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1691 on: 4 Apr 2011, 12:25 am »

You stumped me on this one :dunno:

pumpkinman

« Reply #1692 on: 4 Apr 2011, 12:28 am »
Paul Butterfield ~ North South

LP

Here's one for Orthobiz

pumpkinman

« Reply #1693 on: 4 Apr 2011, 12:32 am »
You stumped me on this one :dunno:

This is a double I just picked up last night. It was so clean I just couldn't let it go
Annie Haslam was the lead singer for Renaissance. I think this came out around 1977

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Haslam

pumpkinman

« Reply #1694 on: 4 Apr 2011, 01:34 am »
David Ackles ~ American Gothic

orthobiz

« Reply #1695 on: 4 Apr 2011, 01:47 am »
This is a double I just picked up last night. It was so clean I just couldn't let it go
Annie Haslam was the lead singer for Renaissance. I think this came out around 1977

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Haslam

No double. It's a gatefold. I've seen it around. My daughter and I both have copies. Hodad's has it in Cleveland too!

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1696 on: 4 Apr 2011, 02:50 am »

Both LPs cleaned with orthobizyme and steam followed by a rinse with RO deionized H2O :thumb:
They look new and are noise fee.

Laura

pumpkinman

« Reply #1697 on: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 am »
No double. It's a gatefold. I've seen it around. My daughter and I both have copies. Hodad's has it in Cleveland too!

Paul

No No I meant it's my 2nd copy not a double LP Paul   :lol:

pumpkinman

« Reply #1698 on: 4 Apr 2011, 03:09 am »
The Chambers Brothers ~ Time Has Come Today

Columbia 360

One more and off to sleepsville. After this I'll go to bed "psychedelicized"

orthobiz

« Reply #1699 on: 4 Apr 2011, 10:35 am »
No No I meant it's my 2nd copy not a double LP Paul   :lol:

OK
Just holding you to a high standard!

Paul