What LPs have you listened to recently?

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #1440 on: 28 Nov 2010, 12:05 am »
Pete Townshend
All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes

Toni Rambold

« Reply #1441 on: 29 Nov 2010, 12:45 am »
Boogie with Canned Heat
Liberty Records LST-7541

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bayou Country
Bellaphon Records BLPS 19002

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2022, 04:15 pm by Toni Rambold »

orthobiz

« Reply #1442 on: 29 Nov 2010, 01:20 am »
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bayou Country
Bellaphon Records BLPS 19002

Bellaphon records????

Paul

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #1443 on: 29 Nov 2010, 01:29 am »
Just opened up my sealed MFSL David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust that's been sitting untouched in my collection.  Sweet!

pumpkinman

« Reply #1444 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:11 am »
The Rolling Stones
Out Of Our Heads

German Decca
                                                                           6.21428 AO
                                                                                                               Toni any info I was looking thru my LPs and found this.............Bill
Still can't seem to locate my Aftermath LP Found It
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2010, 12:33 am by pumpkinman »

decal

« Reply #1445 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:25 am »

Edgar Winter's White Trash

pumpkinman

« Reply #1446 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:29 am »

Edgar Winter's White Trash

Decal this was a favorite 8 Track tape. I played it on my Craig Powerplay
car stereo with Craig Powerplay speakers in my 1973 Plymouth Duster
That hurts just thinking about it  :lol: :lol:............Bill

No Mullet here.  :nono: I was raised in NJ Gene not Bubbaville, U.S.A.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2010, 03:39 am by pumpkinman »

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #1447 on: 29 Nov 2010, 03:13 am »
Decal this was a favorite 8 Track tape. I played it on my Craig Powerplay
car stereo with Craig Powerplay speakers in my 1973 Plymouth Duster
That hurts just thinking about it  :lol: :lol:............Bill

I can picture that, no problem. You have a mullet.

pumpkinman

« Reply #1448 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:41 am »
Badfinger: Straight Up

orthobiz

« Reply #1449 on: 30 Nov 2010, 12:08 pm »

Still looking for the ideal copy of this. Have a crackly German import and two other listenable but not ideal copies. Saw a completely trashed copy at habitat for humanity this weekend. No inner sleeve, split seams, scratched to he'll, I nearly cried. I almost bought it just so I could give it a decent burial but didn't, maybe i am taking this hobby too seriously.

Paul

pumpkinman

« Reply #1450 on: 30 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm »
Still looking for the ideal copy of this. Have a crackly German import and two other listenable but not ideal copies. Saw a completely trashed copy at habitat for humanity this weekend. No inner sleeve, split seams, scratched to he'll, I nearly cried. I almost bought it just so I could give it a decent burial but didn't, maybe i am taking this hobby too seriously.

Paul

I still have a copy I bought when it came out and started looking for a good copy about 2 years ago
I too bought bought a German copy at DDs but the records was lifeless. Then last year I found a copy
on Apple that is the one I was listening to last night. What I'd like is a Apple Uk copy.........Bill

Toni Rambold

« Reply #1451 on: 30 Nov 2010, 11:21 pm »
Elton John:Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
DJM Records DJLPD 1001

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2022, 04:15 pm by Toni Rambold »

rcag_ils

« Reply #1452 on: 30 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm »
But I just hate it when I have to get up and turn the volume up for "goodbye yellow brick road". They guy who recorded this track forgot to set the recording level correctly for this track, I am serious.

pumpkinman

« Reply #1453 on: 1 Dec 2010, 12:59 am »
The Easybeats
Absolute Anthology

German 3Lp set in White Vinyl

orthobiz

« Reply #1454 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:01 am »
BTW pumpkinman and I are looking for Led Zeppelin II with the Robert Ludwig mastering. For those burdened with three copies, here's your chance to unload two!!!

Paul
« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2010, 10:49 pm by orthobiz »

pumpkinman

« Reply #1455 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:22 am »
BTW pumpkinman and I are looking for Led Zeppelin II with the Robert Ludwig mastering. For those burdened with three copies, here's your chance to unload two!!!

Paul

When Paul is right he's right. Don't be greedy it's the Holidays think of your fellow man
Think Merry Christmas to Paul & Bill

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #1456 on: 2 Dec 2010, 05:06 pm »

Paul

Saw 2 copies last night @ the Connection.  One had a pretty gungy cover, tagged VG+ vinyl, for $15 and there was rather clean NM for $40.  Did not check for Biritish vs. US pressing.  Did not know these were so rare as to command such prices...  wish I still had the one I bought back in 7th grade!!

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #1457 on: 2 Dec 2010, 05:29 pm »
Messiah [Import]
Handel (Artist), Rpo (Artist), Beecham (Artist) | Format: Vinyl

Beautiful holiday find for $1

pumpkinman

« Reply #1458 on: 2 Dec 2010, 09:12 pm »

Paul

Saw 2 copies last night @ the Connection.  One had a pretty gungy cover, tagged VG+ vinyl, for $15 and there was rather clean NM for $40.  Did not check for Biritish vs. US pressing.  Did not know these were so rare as to command such prices...  wish I still had the one I bought back in 7th grade!!

Years ago they brought crazy prices because that had not at that time been released on CD. I paid $15 for the German Apple and $12 for the Apple in the last year and a half(I never removed the price stickers). I was in the Record Connection this spring got there right after Gene (etcarroll) had left......................Bill

orthobiz

« Reply #1459 on: 3 Dec 2010, 11:33 am »

Years ago they brought crazy prices because that had not at that time been released on CD. I paid $15 for the German Apple and $12 for the Apple in the last year and a half(I never removed the price stickers). I was in the Record Connection this spring got there right after Gene (etcarroll) had left......................Bill

You are dead on about the CD. Prior to that release, one of the mags (Goldmine?) had this voted as the number 1 album that "needed" a re-release. The CD is a must because it chronicles the history of the twisted sad story of the group at the time with Geoff Emerick, George Harrison, Todd Rundgren all working on the production. There are two version of nearly every song, my favorite one not included on the vinyl is "Name of the Game" which is bouncier and has horns. I saw the album in North Chicago about 15 years ago for 40 bucks and said, who the heck is gonna pay 40 for that???

Paul