What LPs have you listened to recently?

roscoeiii

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #6140 on: 23 Feb 2013, 09:12 pm »
No, it's a couple back. It's my favorite though!

Joe

Myseterious Production is also my favorite Andrew Bird as well Laura. It and Armchair Apocrypha are the two I go back to most. Though it should also be noted that these were the first two albums of his I heard...

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6141 on: 23 Feb 2013, 09:35 pm »
Myseterious Production is also my favorite Andrew Bird as well Laura. It and Armchair Apocrypha are the two I go back to most. Though it should also be noted that these were the first two albums of his I heard...

Thanks to both of you. I have three Andrew Bird albums, but not these two.

quietglow

« Reply #6142 on: 23 Feb 2013, 11:53 pm »
Hot Tuna s/t. Such a fantastic recording, particularly since it was live. If you don't have this, the next time you see it for $1, do yourself a favor and pick it up.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6143 on: 23 Feb 2013, 11:55 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The tune "Mann's Fate" from a follow-up album recorded live in Berkeley is seriously great duo music.  Best Tuna I've tasted.

quietglow

« Reply #6144 on: 24 Feb 2013, 12:04 am »

It is! And this album has my favorite "Know you rider" too. All this, AND you can occasionally hear people clanking beer bottles (or something) in the Berkeley bar where it was recorded. Seriously: if you don't have it, you ought to.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6145 on: 24 Feb 2013, 12:23 am »
Do me a favor, Quiet, and modify your post to exclude the blue box.  It contains some live info I shouldn't wish to share.  Thank you and welcome aboard.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6146 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:54 am »

Sundazed 180g mono

Sundazed 180g mono

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6147 on: 24 Feb 2013, 07:11 am »
It's late Saturday nite and Laura is doing exactly what I am doing as well as some of you . . in her tune room listening to music.  It ain't complicated.  Hi, Laura.

Listening to Shirley Horn's live in the studio* You Won't Forget Me (Verve) which is a terrific sounding disk (whoops!) with guest support from guys like Toots Theilemans, Branford Marsalis and brother Wynton, and Miles.  The last music Miles layed down (and only on the title song) before he split, I read somewhere.  Ms. Horn is late, too.  One of my very favorite bass players is guesting also, Buster Williams.  A thousand stars for such intimacy and purity thanks to the sound engineer.  And, much charm, thanks to the lady.  She also plays piano with superb touch.  A classic for interpretive voice and sound were you to ask me.  One that everyone with a beating heart and good playback should own.

*if you couldn't tell by the sound, you can hear Miles giving her a little feedback during the title song.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6148 on: 24 Feb 2013, 03:47 pm »
Good morning Jim. I hope you are enjoying the weekend. A little cold in Spokane with highs in the upper 30s and lows around 28. Excellent weather for staying indoors and enjoying some of my music collection. This selection seemed appropriate for a Sunday morning before heading to church.

I know you like listening to Jefferson Airplane from time to time. The MoFi of Crown of Creation is amazing sound quality.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #6150 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:27 pm »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6151 on: 24 Feb 2013, 08:55 pm »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6152 on: 24 Feb 2013, 09:30 pm »
Good morning Jim. I hope you are enjoying the weekend. A little cold in Spokane with highs in the upper 30s and lows around 28. Excellent weather for staying indoors and enjoying some of my music collection. This selection seemed appropriate for a Sunday morning before heading to church.

I know you like listening to Jefferson Airplane from time to time. The MoFi of Crown of Creation is amazing sound quality.
Thanks, Laura.  Crown of Creation is one that I don't own presently but remember there are a couple of tracks on it that are some of their best work.  If You Feel is a gem, also.  Koukonen and Casady really, really have some super dialogue on this album as I recall.  I probably misspelled one of their names, but you know.  Appreciate your saying.       

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6153 on: 24 Feb 2013, 10:34 pm »
I got on a Jethro Tull kick today.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6154 on: 25 Feb 2013, 02:12 am »

Promo copy mastered by Bob Ludwig

quietglow

« Reply #6155 on: 25 Feb 2013, 02:19 am »
The perfect accompaniment to a BBQ coma.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #6156 on: 25 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6157 on: 25 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm »
I caught Lou Reed on the New York tour - he was in really good form.

quietglow

« Reply #6158 on: 25 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm »
The best recordings of the Bach cello suites?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6159 on: 26 Feb 2013, 05:44 am »
Open, to Love- Paul Bley, piano.