What LPs have you listened to recently?

bside123

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #3900 on: 22 Jan 2012, 04:40 pm »

Little River Band "First Under The Wire" 1979 Capitol Records, Mobile Fidelity Release

bside123

« Reply #3901 on: 22 Jan 2012, 05:06 pm »

Dave Mason & Cass Elliot 1971 Blue Thumb Records LP

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3902 on: 22 Jan 2012, 05:15 pm »

WOW! I have this on CD and the vinyl just sounds so much better. I just sent the band an email through their website thanking them for releasing this album on vinyl and asking them to release the first two on vinyl. :thumb:

Jim Goulding--I think you will like this http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Potter-the-Nocturnals/e/B00197GQHY/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel
Thank you, Laura, for thinking of me.  Gonna get it.

decal

« Reply #3903 on: 22 Jan 2012, 05:32 pm »

WOW! I have this on CD and the vinyl just sounds so much better. I just sent the band an email through their website thanking them for releasing this album on vinyl and asking them to release the first two on vinyl. :thumb:

Jim Goulding--I think you will like this http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Potter-the-Nocturnals/e/B00197GQHY/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel

My Daughter turned me on to her music. I like it a lot.

decal

« Reply #3904 on: 22 Jan 2012, 05:37 pm »

Savoy Brown  "Street Corner Talking"

Samples

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #3905 on: 22 Jan 2012, 06:48 pm »

Savoy Brown  "Street Corner Talking"

Samples

Good one Tommy Street Corner Talking has my favorite Savoy Brown song "Tell Mama"

pumpkinman

« Reply #3906 on: 22 Jan 2012, 06:50 pm »

Rhino LP

roscoeiii

« Reply #3907 on: 22 Jan 2012, 06:54 pm »

Ween - "White Pepper"

WEEN!

mhconley

« Reply #3908 on: 22 Jan 2012, 06:56 pm »
On right now...

Martin

orthobiz

« Reply #3909 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:48 pm »

Ween - "White Pepper"

WEEN!

WHITE album + sgt. PEPPER = WHITE PEPPER

I need to get Ween vinyl...

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #3910 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:51 pm »
Who would have thought? :lol:

Or as we say,

Who'd'a thunk?

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #3911 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:54 pm »

Hope it's not a re-post but I saw Eli Paperboy Reed and the True Loves open up for her in Boston around 4 years ago, liked him better than her. But then I saw her 2.5 years in Boulder and WOW what a difference. She brought down the house. Shows what can happen when you put in your 10,000 hours of practice...

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #3912 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:56 pm »
WHITE album + sgt. PEPPER = WHITE PEPPER

I need to get Ween vinyl...

Paul

Ween vinyl is something I had great luck with finding used this week. Got both this and "The Mollusk" used. Already had "Chocolate and Cheese" so the only urgent one left for me is "Pure Guava." Not that I wouldn't grab most others if the price seemed right...

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3913 on: 22 Jan 2012, 08:02 pm »

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #3914 on: 23 Jan 2012, 01:23 am »

roscoeiii

« Reply #3915 on: 23 Jan 2012, 01:39 am »
Miney how is that Tull? What Tull would y'all recommend after Aqalung and Thick as a brick?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3916 on: 23 Jan 2012, 01:52 am »
Miney how is that Tull? What Tull would y'all recommend after Aqalung and Thick as a brick?
Stand Up is good and definitely worth having. I have almost all of the Tull albums plus Ian Anderson's solo work. The other I would recommend is Benefit. Those are the first two I would recommend.

« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2012, 03:14 am by vinyl_lady »

pumpkinman

« Reply #3917 on: 23 Jan 2012, 01:57 am »

Also you should look at Blodwyn Pig
A quirky detour of late-'60s British progressive/blues rock, Blodwyn Pig was founded by former Jethro Tull guitarist Mick Abrahams, who left Tull after the This Was album. Abrahams was joined by bassist Andy Pyle, drummer Ron Berg, and Jack Lancaster, who gave the outfit their most distinctive colorings via his saxophone and flute.

orthobiz

« Reply #3918 on: 23 Jan 2012, 02:53 am »

Stand Up is the way to go, my favorite Tull album next to Thick As A Brick. Agree with what Laura said, Benefit is also a must. On Stand Up, "We Used To Know," while not a particularly popular track is my absolute favorite. It is a song that has no chorus, and the only thing that releases the building tension of NOT having a chorus is an absolutely blistering, distorted guitar solo. And the strumming guitar propels the song on and on, a never-ending frenzy. This is magic prog at its most majestic.

Unfortunately, like the Something Else through Muswell Hillbillies Kinks, it's a bit hard to find either record in good shape. You'll luck out if you find the "stand up" insert in the gatefold Stand Up album.

Paul

decal

« Reply #3919 on: 23 Jan 2012, 11:45 am »

Neil Young  "On the Beach"
Samples