What LPs have you listened to recently?

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #3700 on: 9 Jan 2012, 03:38 am »

I finally got around to cleaning my Paul McCartney/Wings collection and playing them while watching some college bball and the NFL playoffs. Go Broncos!. Most of these records haven't been spun in the 15 years I've lived in Spokane. Some good tunes here :thumb:
Laura Time To Hide by Denny Laine is a great tune

Jlappy

« Reply #3701 on: 9 Jan 2012, 07:31 am »

Hi Jim
Spinning here now too  :green:
Also a re-issue - CHC 12 Gatefold on Charisma.
Sounds pretty decent - you just need to accept Gabriel's vocals are veiled somewhat in the mix?
The acoustic sections are pretty tasty.
hey Dave,

:D What a great lp aye  :thumb:

:scratch: Most of my early Genesis lps are re-issue yet on Atlantic or London, i'm wondering in the MCA is just low quality.  :dunno: I understand you about Gabriel's vocals being veiled somewhat in the mix, yet  :dunno: i'll see if there is any difference in the pressing when i get me hands on a different one.  IMHO all the Charisma re-issues i own seem to be of excellent quality  :thumb:

cheers,

Jim

Jlappy

« Reply #3702 on: 9 Jan 2012, 07:39 am »
Thjis Van Leer

Bill, you got me  :green: don't have any solo yet,

spun  :thumb:

spinning  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2012, 03:39 pm by Jlappy »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3703 on: 9 Jan 2012, 10:48 am »
Single DNA remix of Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner.

decal

« Reply #3704 on: 9 Jan 2012, 12:20 pm »

Levon Helm  "Electric Dirt"
Samples

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3705 on: 9 Jan 2012, 04:58 pm »
Laura Time To Hide by Denny Laine is a great tune

Yes it is. I saw the Wings Over America tour in 1975/76 at Kemper Arena in KC MO. It was a great show. Several songs that seemed tepid on the radio really blew us away live.

jazzagain

« Reply #3706 on: 9 Jan 2012, 05:16 pm »

Hosted a card game the other night and played only vinyl.  It was nice to hear whole albums.  I played Pink Floyd's "A Collection of Dance Hits", The Police, The Fixx, John Coltrance, The English Beat and this great album by Booker T (which should not be judged by its dated album cover).
Signed,
The Real Jazzagain

decal

« Reply #3707 on: 9 Jan 2012, 09:03 pm »

Steve Cropper,Pop Staples,Albert King  "Jammed Together"
Samples

Jlappy

« Reply #3708 on: 9 Jan 2012, 09:04 pm »
Jazzagain,

:thumb: nice eclectic mix, i bet your card game enjoyed it also!

keep'em  spinning!

cheers,  Jim

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #3709 on: 9 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm »

Steve Cropper,Pop Staples,Albert King  "Jammed Together"
Samples

Nice! I love me some Albert King........I'm going to have to look for this. :beer:

pumpkinman

« Reply #3710 on: 10 Jan 2012, 12:23 am »
Paul McCartney ~ Tripping The Live Fantastic

3LPs

OK Laura it's my turn for Paul

Jlappy

« Reply #3711 on: 10 Jan 2012, 06:43 am »

Family – Anyway United Artists Records    UAS-5527    US    1971  :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3712 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:08 pm »
Paul McCartney ~ Tripping The Live Fantastic

3LPs

OK Laura it's my turn for Paul

I only have that on CD :oops: Add another to my shopping list :green:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3713 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:16 pm »
In honor of last night's thrashing of LSU. I have been watching college football since I was 5 (both parents were/are huge fans) and I can't remember a defensive performance as dominating as Alabama's last night.

"They got a name for the winners in the world,
I want a name when I lose,
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide,
Call me Deacon Blues."

MIZ-SEC

Jlappy

« Reply #3714 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:51 pm »
In honor of last night's thrashing of LSU. I have been watching college football since I was 5 (both parents were/are huge fans) and I can't remember a defensive performance as dominating as Alabama's last night.

"They got a name for the winners in the world,
I want a name when I lose,
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide,
Call me Deacon Blues."

MIZ-SEC

:icon_lol: Laura . . . the Steely Dan reference is a good one  :thumb:, perhaps Bama's defense looked so powerful because they played the 57th offense in the nation  :dunno: while statistics can always be misleading, LSU looked pretty inept last evening.  Regardless a good win for the Tide and Saben.

Jlappy

« Reply #3715 on: 10 Jan 2012, 07:57 pm »

Stephen Stills & Manassas – Manassas Atlantic    SD 2-903    US    1972

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3716 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:28 pm »
:icon_lol: Laura . . . the Steely Dan reference is a good one  :thumb:, perhaps Bama's defense looked so powerful because they played the 57th offense in the nation  :dunno: while statistics can always be misleading, LSU looked pretty inept last evening.  Regardless a good win for the Tide and Saben.

Hi Jim,

LSU's offense did look anemic, but I think Bama's defense had a lot to do with that. Even though LSU ranked 57th in total offense, they averaged 38.4 points per game (not counting last night) in the toughest conference in the country against a schedule that included 8 of the top 25. If you eliminate the first Alabama game, they averaged 41 points per game and last night they were shut down in every aspect of the game. I'm no Bama fan, but that was impressive. I think Nick really outcoached Les last night. It will be interesting to see how my Missouri Tigers do in the SEC next year. They should be competitive becasue they have very good offense, but :dunno:

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #3717 on: 10 Jan 2012, 08:52 pm »
Love The Dan!

Jlappy

« Reply #3718 on: 10 Jan 2012, 09:22 pm »
Hi Jim,

LSU's offense did look anemic, but I think Bama's defense had a lot to do with that. Even though LSU ranked 57th in total offense, they averaged 38.4 points per game (not counting last night) in the toughest conference in the country against a schedule that included 8 of the top 25. If you eliminate the first Alabama game, they averaged 41 points per game and last night they were shut down in every aspect of the game. I'm no Bama fan, but that was impressive. I think Nick really outcoached Les last night. It will be interesting to see how my Missouri Tigers do in the SEC next year. They should be competitive becasue they have very good offense, but :dunno:
Hey Laura,

I do wish the Missouri Tigers well next year, I wish they had joined the Big 10 :x, I'm not an SEC fan for a number of reasons (well beyond the nature of this board).  I agree, Nick & Bama beat up on the Tigers and you know the French Quarter was rocking regardless so I'm spinning

Dr. John – Dr. John's Gumbo Alligator Records    AL 3901    US    1986 (Re-release)

For the city of New Orleans  :thumb:

pumpkinman

« Reply #3719 on: 10 Jan 2012, 09:31 pm »
Stephen Stills & Manassas – Manassas Atlantic    SD 2-903    US    1972

Jim I can't begin to tell you how much I like this LP. With all the records I buy and the lack of a 36 hour day  :lol: there are many favorites that don't get played often enough. Tonight I have to rectify that.........Bill